Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, September 1, 2014

A Life-Changing Video


Happy Labor Day, dear friends.  I hope you are enjoying your long weekend.


Our weekend was brimming with blue skies and lots of laughter.  My #1 and Adorable Jonathon visited us from Texas.  We spent a day in my favorite town, Newport, RI, and another day in Provincetown.  I took bazillions of photos and here's a sneak peek of one of them.  This was taken on a ferry on our way from Plymouth (yup, the town with that famous rock) to Provincetown.




In honor of Labor Day, I present this instructional video for the teens that may be college bound.  This little gem of a video may also be helpful to some children that even live at home.  I'm sure there are even some unwilling husbands out there that could reap the benefits of this minute and a half of instructions.


This video hits close to my heart because it reminds me of a couple of girls that grew up in our home.  They were very smart ladies and yet lacked the dexterity to accomplish this skill.  I think they are still in-training.










Happy Labor Day!









Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. LOL that was not the announcement I thought was coming! Hope #1 and the Adorable Jonathon were suitably impressed with The Rock!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Yet truely sad that children who are so savvy at their laptops/smartphones don,t know how to change a toiletrol ;-)
    Is it our fault as parents i wonder,gladly i,m not alone....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I LOVED that video! And, believe it or not I would be the one at our house that sits a new roll of paper on top of the empty roll and waits for Hubby to change it. Oh, my! I'm not detail oriented and he just doesn't understand why I just do not change the crazy paper. How funny!

    Hope you will enjoy the yogurt bars as much as I do. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- Now if I could only teach the men in the family to put the seat/lid down! Got a video for THAT? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, my cats tend to do the last version of roll changing. Paper towels and toilet paper rolls are endlessly fascinating to them and oh what a mess to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny video Katie - will be passing on that public information announcement to my two (plus occasionally Mr Snowdrop).
    Have a lovely day,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you passing on life's lessons...thank goodness someone is has decided to put forth the effort to produce this video. As I am a teacher I know we don't get to teach all of this in school...Brava for taking this to your readers...we can only hope "no person is left behind" the empty roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL this should be sent to every teenager in America (and lets add husbands to the list while we are at it:) Hope your Labor Day holiday was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's hysterical. Love that dad, what a great idea and dripping in sarcasm. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts