Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, September 7, 2014

What do your kids really mean?


Happy Sunday, dear friends!  I hope you are having a great weekend.

Buzzfeed is one of my favorite sites.  They always have cleverly written videos that can sometimes be mildly inappropriate. Not to worry, it's Sunday - this is one of the cleaner ones. 

I can relate to this video.  When I attempt to broach adult conversations covering such things as insurance and/or banking, and I am met with dead air or "yeah, ok Mom" on the phone, I can pretty much read my girls' thoughts.  They just don't know it.    









Enjoy your day!





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. Okay..that is totally hilariously and was almost EXACTLY what every phone call with my 24 year old in California is like! Thanks for the chuckle this morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reality I am living with two grown and flown sons...I can remember having the same conversations with my mother...history repeats itself...only as their mother I know I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I might borrow this for Friday - sooo cute and true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that could have easily been my sons..I know I get the infamous eye roll and yea yea yea's on the other end when I call, I can tell they are so tuning me out but I know they love me:) I can however hear a certain enthusiasm when I tell them "I am going to let them go"...suddenly they perk up a little...LOL. Guess they are all the same....I may just have to send this to all three of them to remind them that I am onto them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with you!! with a 15, 19 20 year old you can only imagine the lingo I get on the phone! Especially when I am giving them my lectures about the buddy system, and no red solo cups.. etc!! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes- I, too, am a mind reader. It comes with motherhood! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious and just had a conversation like this with my dear daughter....sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. try communicating with twins. I talk to the other one to find out about the brother.....lol.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts