J. Crew Factory for Fall

Tuckernuck's styles for the new season

Monday, October 7, 2024

Prime Time Take One

 



I hope that you had a good weekend.  Ours was very busy and a lot of fun.

On Friday night, we went to a neighborhood happy hour.  I am always happy when I can catch up with our sweet neighbors.

On Saturday, we attended a gathering at Darlin' Will's charming home to celebrate our #2's birthday. I had heard so much about their friends, and it was so nice to meet them all in person. We also met Darlin' Will's sweet mom and sister and her delightful family.



   
We stopped over at Miss Lucy's house so the Mister could help Adorable Jonathon with a couple of items on his to-do list.








Miss Lucy gave her auntie a present and requested that she be her godmother.




I'm glad that I wore waterproof mascara!



Fun fact:  the past owners left all their books.
There are more bookshelves filled with vintage cookbooks.
 



There were plenty of little babies for Lucy to hang out with.






On the way out, I met Caroline of Cookies by Caroline, who made #2's cake.  I can testify that Caroline is as sweet as her cookies.



And speaking of sweetness...


Today, I am linking up with my friend, Tanya, from The Other Side of the Road for her Prime Purchases Link Party.  This is where bloggers chime in to tell readers what they have been buying on Amazon.  

I have not joined the party for about six months, so I have a lot to share.  Along with this post, I will be publishing on Wednesday and Friday.

What can I say?
I am a compulsive overachiever when it comes to buying on Amazon.






I love these brushes for applying foundation.





I got these melamine platters to bring mini 
 sandwiches to #2's party.






Love these bowls!



I was very pleased with this purchase.  It's well-made and very flattering.
At least I think so.



At my age, it's all about hydration and finding the closest powder room.




These are great for taking off makeup.






A housewarming gift.






I'm not going to share with you how many times I ordered readers this year.
I may need a support group.





This is a knock-off from Tuckernuck.  I ordered the real thing and returned it.  I ordered this one and loved it because of the fabric and fit.




I like this dress a lot.  I took it to France, and it didn't wrinkle.  I also wore it as a cover-up.





This was okay.





I like this one better.



Great eye pencil.

An influencer told me to buy this and I love it.
Great price.




The same influencer told me to buy this primer, too, and I'm very happy with it.
Stay out of my way... 
 I'll knock you out with my lashes. 



Here are some things that I bought for our trip.




Perfect brush for my locks and a great price too!





Reminds me of Lemon-Up from my teenage years.




Whenever I heard someone sneeze or cough on the plane, I popped one of these and gave them a dirty look. 

I'm happy to report that neither of us brought a cold home as a souvenir.








This is a good size.






I bought these for the plane ride.
They are comfy and flattering.
And they come in petite!








There was no way I would attempt the cobblestone streets in my customary stilettos!







I keep these in my purse and backpack.





These are perfect for a long day of travel. 



I packed this in my backpack because I always freeze on the flight.




On auto order.

Same.

There is more coming on Wednesday and Friday!





Karen Ducey for The Times







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts