J. Crew Factory for Fall

Tuckernuck's styles for the new season

Friday, October 18, 2024

The Friday Files





Fall temps have finally hit Texas!  The cooler temps have given me a little more pep in my step on my morning walks.  I also find that I sleep better when it's chilly outside.

I am finished with all of my check-ups for 2024. Good news for me—no more pap smears! Now, my physical is reduced to drawing a clock and repeating three words they tell me to remember ten minutes later. 

I got a C-.


I had the all-over spot check done by my dermatologist.  My doctor asked me if I minded if a student witnessed my unveiling.  The girl looked like she wasn't a day over thirteen. 




I will never forget the look of horror on the girl's face when she saw me in my birthday suit. Before she lost all color in her face and ran out of the room, I told her this is your future, kid.

You could not find a lovelier, more hospitable, and competent group of women than at my mammogram place.  I arrived at 8:55 and was back in my car at 9:15. 

 

Having a mammogram is the scariest part of my check-up routine.  My mother passed away from breast cancer 20 years ago. I usually get my results within 24 hours, but to my dismay, there was no note in my mailbox with a cheery message telling me I was clear for another year.

I finally called the place after 3 anxiety-filled days, with my head bursting with all sorts of frightening scenarios.  I didn't fill the Mister or the girls in on my quandary. The last thing I wanted was for the Mister to sign up on Tinder or the girls looking into getting my jewelry appraised.

I spoke to Whitney, who was the bearer of good news.  
Evidently, the letter went to my spam file. 


I celebrated by sending money to St. Jude's Research Hospital, the benefactor of all of my anxiety-ridden moments.

 







Take a look at this gorgeous British Colonial Cottage, which was designed by the owner, Roxanne Hughes Packham. 






This beautiful home on Lake Wylie is perfectly dressed for Fall.









I love the story behind this stunning bachelor pad.












Here is a list of some famous chefs' favorite desserts.

Giada's looks pretty good to me.





Stanley Tucci's new book is out. Here is a great interview with him that touches on travel and food.








Good news for my fellow walkers and picklers.

If you indulge in some of the famous chef's desserts, you may need to put in some extra effort.




I wouldn't know since I went to an all-girls high school.





I know that a certain Mister is going to be excited about this movie.





Welcome to  Pandamania!




Great show.



It took me a minute to warm up to this show, but now I enjoy it.




Cute show.



One of my favorite shows!


I'm really looking forward to this one!










J Jill is offering a 40% discount on all sale styles.






My girls love H&M sweaters.  I ordered this one and the next one, and I was impressed with the quality.





Chico's is having a sale-on-sale promo going on.



Old Navy has already sold out of some of its Christmas jammies. They have petite sizes!
I bought a matching pair for the Mister and me.
I'm not posting a pic because I don't want to make you jealous.








If you have always dreamed of wearing a matching outfit with your furbaby, I've got good news for you.  And it's on sale!



Vineyard Vines outlet is having a 24 hour sale.




VV

I have this and love it.  It's the perfect weight for Fall days.


Also comes in navy.



Lots of colors and a great deal!


Talbots has a 30% off entire site sale!!




Cute jacket to make the holiday party rounds.










Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a scary couple of days following your mammogram. I found out that the Ontario breast screening programme no longer sends out letters to let you know you are in the clear and as a breast cancer survivor, I was visiting the mailbox every day, not knowing that part of the progamme was cancelled. I finally had to install an app that allows you to see all of your medical test results. Ugh!
    Enjoy your fall weather! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie! I went for my mammo this week too! Also in and out in less than a half hour….glad all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts