J. Crew Factory for Fall

Tuckernuck's styles for the new season

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Designer of the Day/ Whitney McNell

 



I hope you had a good weekend. I am very excited to introduce you to my guest of honor today. I have been following Whitney McNell on Instagram for several years. I love the way she uses color in her designs, as well as her talent for mixing patterns.


A native of Nantucket, Whitney McNell draws inspiration from the deep ocean hues and the island’s classic architecture. Her design approach is an aesthetic of traditional with a twist of contemporary and always a touch of whimsy. By blending genre and bold, clean colors, she creates a unique palette for every project. Above all is her commitment to her client’s personal style and dreams. Whitney spent ten years in high-end fashion, honing her appreciation of textiles and pattern play. She has co-owned and operated her former design company, Digs, since 2017. She has since devoted six years to local design firms before spreading her wings and establishing McNell Interiors in 2021.


Whitney and her husband live in Darien, CT, with their two children and rescue pups. A typical day finds her scheming design plans, perusing local antique stores, or planning her next interior renovation on her 1870's farmhouse.
























Thank you, Whitney, for sharing your beauty and talent with us.

You can follow Whitney on Instagram at McNell Interiors hereand her website can be found here.






Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning interiors!!! What a gift she has.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts