Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fall Wish List

Good Morning dear friends.  Over the weekend, in an effort to get myself excited for Fall, I did some on-line browsing.  

Because I am so darn short petite, I cannot wear all the fabulous clothes that are on my wish list.



I am very partial to long sweaters.  I feel they hide a multitude of sins.  There's nothing more feminine than a crisp white blouse.  Black and white seem to be my go-to colors for the Fall and Winter.


Banana republic



Cardigans are my best friends all year long.

Banana Republic



Cute sweater.

Banana Republic



I bought this jacket last year.  Hope it didn't shrink like EVERTHING else in my closet.

Banana Republic



I love this jacket - the cut and the color.  Not sure I could I could wear it though, because I haven't been able to wear horizontal stripes since I was ten.

Banana Republic



I need to get this sweater so people know that I am tres chic.

Nordstrom



I love Eileen Fisher.  Gorgeous color - have I mentioned that I'm a win-tah?  

Eileen Fisher
Nordstrom



Quilted + Belt = not flattering on me.
But, boy, does this Burberry jacket look cute on this lady!  Best news yet... 40% off! 

Nordstrom



I own 4 sweater/jackets that I love!  They may be joined in my closet by this one.


Nordstrom
Eileen Fisher


Happy Hump Day!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

15 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love sweater jackets. Thanks for the style show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blazer you scored at BR, with the gold buttons, a fantastic staple. That Burberry coat is darling , but I'll bet that belt would not hit in the right place for me, and yea, I don't need quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white is my uniform for about nine months out of the year - sometimes I am afraid I will be mistaken for a waitress when I go out! I ordered a really cute grey/black/white tweed-y Eileen Fisher sweater from Saks Off Fifth - it hasn't arrived yet so who knows if I will keep it! Hope you are having a fantastic week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yucko on that red stripe number. I think only Gisele Bundchen could rock this! Too big, too long, too loud.
    But, hey, I'm with you on everything else, especially the 1st pic. I'm 5'7" and should be able to wear anything, but that's not the case at all. We all have our own style by now, and I'm sticking with what I know works best for me. Black/White rules in my closet. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean you have to advertise that you are "tres chic?" I don't. That hortizontal strip thing is cute, but not on that model and not on me...too short and wide...not the jacket. Ha! Cardigans are my uniform throughout the year; in fact, I have one on today...in 100 degree heat index weather. The red is fabulous! I love Banana Republic, and all of your other choices are great...except the black sweater jacket thingy. It reminds me of something a mortician would wear. Or, maybe I just don't know any morticians. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous picks for Fall and yes, I love a sweater and what it will cover!!!! I just fell victim to a pretty one today that should arrive at my doorstep soon. Your writing seriously cracks me up! You are F-U-N-N-Y!!!! So happy your #1 could spend LDW with you and that Chowdah......yes, I think the boiled lobster for Halloween is just the ticket. Adorable!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilted jacket - going now to see if it comes in any other colors. I would love one in green for football season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand that all the things in your closet have shrunk. I'm having the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a win-tah too but I don't look at all like those girls! And I better get to the store - I don't own a sweater! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. We already know that you are tres chic, Katie. I love long sweaters, too and yes, everything in my closet has shrunk too. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that fall is coming and those are lovely sweaters. But 90 degrees plus ungodly humidity have me shopping for tank tops! I would give anything to be back on the Cape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does this mean that sweater weather is just around the corner? Please say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had fun with your retail therapy:) I love sweater coats, they are warm, flattering and easier to wear than heavy cumbersome coats but have to say with our hot temps lately hard to think about fall dressing though I LOVE fall and winter clothes!! Bring it on....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chère Katie, your choice is very good and I agree with you about horizontal stripes. I prefer navy blue to black; my daughters always make fun of me when we are doing some shopping because I feel irresistibly attracted by navy blue clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to fall clothes! Great choices, simple, comfortable and classic! We are really interested in sweaters and knits and enjoy working with Yak Fiber which is like Cashmere! Caroline, we also are always leaning towards Navy!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts