Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, September 15, 2014

Provincetown




Last weekend, after spending a delightful day in Newport with #1 and Adorable Jonathon, we ventured out to Provincetown the next day.  We wanted to pack as much New England charm into the weekend as we could for our Texas visitors.

We took a ferry from Plymouth to P-Town, as the locals call it.  We were blessed with another beautiful day. 




Photobomb Mom!


The boat ride was about an hour and a half.



We were docked next to a reproduction of the Mayflower.




Arriving into the dock in P-town.


Happy couple plus boring guy checking his email. 


To classify P-town as colorful is an understatement.


This guy was ogling me from afar.  I am a sucker for a guy who wears a crab hat.


He was a little on the quiet side.


Pepe's Wharf  was recommended to us for lunch and it did not disappoint.  Everything from the host who was a dead ringer for Andy Warhol to the beachfront patio were spectacular. 







I've eaten more lobster and ridden in more boats this summer than I have in my whole entire life.






P-town has plenty of art galleries.



Love all the well-manicured beach cottages.



These people must be TCU fans.










This store had beautiful home accessories.







I just wanted to sit on a bench and people watch.


What a pretty inn with the gorgeous red geraniums.





Before we got on the boat to come back to Plymouth, the crew warned us that rough seas were ahead.  The people that were getting off the boat had just gone whale watching and quite a few got seasick.  

We didn't get sick - just soaked from the waves.  Not quite as bad as the lady over my left shoulder,though.  




The next day we took Adorable Jonathon and #1 to the airport.  I don't want to tell tales out of school, but a certain someone got his first speeding ticket of  his whole life.  Welcome to the club, Mister!



Hope your Monday feels like a Friday!






Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

14 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! I am all for the lobster, the boats, not so much. This gal gets seasick big time! Yup, got my first speeding ticket taking #2 back after the holidays last year. Welcome to the club!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are too funny!!What a great weekend!! You do know how to enjoy my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol you couldn't have exposed your guests to such opposite ends of the spectrum on so many different levels! Love both locations.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been to P-town since about age 11...40 years ago...a few things may have changed since my last visit...sorry to hear the Mister may now have a record...looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and love your narration! Lunch looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best gal pal and I took a trip to cape cod exactly one yr ago this week....we stayed in chatham and drove one day to P-town, stopping at every lighthouse along the way. Stayed in an awesome hotel for the night and had lovely dinner at Red something restaurant. DELIGHTFUL! We had lunch right where you did and walked all the places in your post. Such a fun trip and thanks for letting me re-live it thru this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty family, beautiful Provincetown!
    Always a fun and a pleasure to read from you!
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I haven't been there in so long but what a fun fun day.....looks like a blast and great company plus you had a bevy of admirers, does it get better? Thanks for sharing..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think our friend Sandy at "You may be wandering" has some fierce competition. Funny how a boat ride can transport one to another sort of planet. What a fun Summer you are having. Sorry you have been having too much lobster. Who ever heard of that?
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable in these pics. Fun stories c

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful town! Thanks for sharing. The guy with crab hat was funny! I cannot believe you got a picture with him! You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The East Coast is certainly lovely. You make me want to take that cruise up and down the coastline there. And, don't you just love it when it's not you who gets the ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all always look like you are having a blast! P'town looks like a great place...I have never been. Hope you are having an amazing week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly did pack in a lot of fun with your Texas guests! Quite the fabulous tour guides!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts