Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, November 12, 2012

Shades of Grey House Tour

One of my dearest friends in Texas is Corrine.  We have played tennis together for years and have had bazillions of enjoyable lunches together. She is the epitome of the hostess with the mostess.  She is always more than willing to host a beautiful party at her home.
So when Corrine told me a couple of years ago that she and her Mister bought a lot and were going to build a house, I was positively thrilled.  This was better than HGTV any day!
During the building process, Corrine was kind enough to let me tag along every once in a while and accompany her while she was picking out paint, and checking out how the construction was progressing.  I loved every minute of it!
The house, as you will see, is breathtaking.  It is not your "typical" Texas house with dark woods, large furniture and faux painted walls. 
To me, it is a breath of fresh air. 
Corrine was kind enough to let me take some photos to share with you.  Believe me, they do not do this beautiful home justice, and for that I apologize.  
 
  
 
 
The entire house is done in shades of grey (paint) which gives the house so much warmth and interest.   
 
 
 
The back splash is subway tile.  I fell in love with the look the moment I saw it.
 
 
Counter tops are a gorgeous granite.
 
 
 
The enormous island is quartzite.  So clean looking.
 
 
 
Door to the left is laundry room.  Glass on the cabinets did not photograph well - it is called glacier glass and it is so pretty.  Front and center is their darling Molson.  Sweetest dog in the world! 
 
  
 
I positively love the fixtures over the island. 
 
 
 
Beautiful kitchen dining area.  Love everything about the table, chairs and light fixtures.
 
 
 
Stunning den area. Love the softness of the colors! 
 
 
 
 
Ok, don't know what I love most about this photo.  The intricate mirrors or spectacular fireplace.  
 
 
 
Those chairs compliment the room so beautifully.
 
 
The coffered ceiling is the icing on the cake in this positively delectable room. 
 
 
On to the butler's pantry...  
 

A dishwasher drawer, large ice maker and fridge are the amenities included in this butler's pantry.  This house is such a great house to entertain in and Corrine and her Mister are the perfect hosts.
 
 
Beautiful area for the piano.  By the way, their #1 daughter plays beautifully and would put Taylor Swift to shame in the singing department!
 
 
 
 
If I had this laundry room, I would spend my life buried in Tide.
 
 
 
The counters are brushed stainless and add such a contemporary touch to this luxurious laundry room.
 
 
 
 

 
  The floors are pinnacle hardwood in peanut brittle.  Really rich and warm.
 
 
 Delightful dining room.
 
 
 
The mirrors and molding are to die for! 
 
 
 
 
Nice comfy media room. 
 
 
 
 
 
Even her mudroom is perfect!
  
 
This is the upstairs den/media room.
  
 
 Very cozy room in soft colors.
 
 
And this little alcove is where Gus resides and feels like he is king of the castle!  Lucky cat!
 
Thank you so much sweet Corrine for being such a great friend and sharing your beautiful home with us.
 
 
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
 
 

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

3 comments:

  1. OK, this is a sad comment on moi, but the part of this gorgeous house that I covet most is the laundry room. Mine doesn't even come close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blend of traditional and modern! I really love it. I think it my actual kitchen was near the size of the butler's pantry I would make dinner a lot more. So pretty!

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Thanks to you and Corrine for sharing!
    And YOU are quite the character, too!!!! :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts