Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, November 11, 2012

In Heaven with 007

For the few people who did not see this movie over the weekend, here is my review.

 
B+
 
Skyfall was a very enjoyable movie filled with some of the best chase scenes and special effects that I have ever witnessed in a film. The plot was easily understood with no sub-plots to complicate the story line, which I appreciated.
 
 
Daniel Craig makes a very appealing and sexy 007.  I don't know how many stunts he actually did himself, but his physique sure looked like he would have been capable of doing all of them.
One thing that kind of bothered me though, was that I thought his suits looked a little too small for him.  The Mister said that "well-fitted" suits are in style.  So when did the Mister turn into Tim Gunn, for gosh sakes?
Although Daniel Craig was good, my heart still belongs to -
 
 
If you are reading this and you are too young to know who this is a photo of, I don't want to hear about it, it will only make me depressed.
 
It actually took me 10 minutes to figure out that this bad guy was actually ...
 
 
this gorgeous hunk of burnin' love!! 
 
The make up artist must have worked on him for hours to make this handsome guy that ugly.  Javier Bardem was great in this role - not only was his character evil - he was creepy evil.  
I just hope he got that out of his system and he can get back to playing the romantic heart throb, for my own enjoyment.
 
 
Dame Judi Dench was her usual incredible self in this movie.  It seemed as if she had a bigger role in this movie than the previous Bond movie.  I am in awe of Dame Judi's acting talent.  And most of all, I am so happy that she is comfortable enough with herself not to get on the plastic surgery bandwagon. Go Dame Judi! 
 
 
While most men in the audience were swooning over these two beautiful Bond girls, the Mister was enthralled when this little number arrived on the screen.  You should have seen the big smile on his face!
 
   

The combination of Adele's deep throaty voice along with the tempo of the the song, made the theme to Skyfall a perfect beginning and ending to the movie.

I will say though, as in every Bond movie, my very favorite music is the "James Bond" theme song.  Couldn't get it out of my head all day long!
 

All in all, Skyfall was a very entertaining movie.  My only criticism is that it was a little too lengthy for my tastes.  Then again, the Mister didn't think it was long enough.

I did my best not to give anything away to the ones that have not seen this movie. 
I will give you a hint about the ending though...I think there just might be another 007 movie in the future!

Happy Veteran's Day!



 
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go see Skyfall! I adore Daniel Craig and Judi Dench.So glad you enjoyed it! Have a lovely week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go see Skyfall! I adore Daniel Craig and Judi Dench.So glad you enjoyed it! Have a lovely week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review...we were supposed to go yesterday but got too tied up doing "stuff"...so hopefully later in the week. I have heard really good things. Laughed about your tight suit comment and Javier looking "that ugly", I would never have guessed its him! And the music, ahh....do love that theme song too, such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! We are planning to see this soon. Wanted to go this weekend but we are still cleaning up the yard from the storm so the movie got pushed backed:( Next weekend for sure!

    Have a great week~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts