Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coming out of the Closet


If you have been reading my blog for some time, you may have picked up that I am a neat freak wannabe.  My house is always almost always orderly and clean, but my closet is a total disaster.  Luckily, the Mister and I have always had separate closets through our moves.  Could be the secret to our happy marriage.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I spent hours in my closet changing out  my summer clothes for my winter wardrobe. I went through every stitch of summer clothing I owned, and ended up taking about eight bags of clothing to the Good Will. 

By the way, there's something else that bothers me about my closet besides the fact that it is so messy... every item I put in there shrinks!  Must be something in the vents.

In an effort to find the inspiration to clean my closet, I went to my favorite little "home away from home" called Pinterest.



 
Love the dark wood, natural light, but my favorite part is the window seat.

 

 
Ooh la la!!
 
 
 
 
This is the closest I'll ever get to a fairytale in a closet. 
 
  
 
The doors and cabinetry are to die for!  That pink hat looks familiar...hmmm... is this your closet ML?  
 
 
This actually looks like the Mister's closet.
 
 
 
This closet happens to look very similar to mine, minus the rubber ducky robe.
 
 
 
Bet this dress is no longer hanging in Adrienne's closet. And how 'bout them heels?  I would need a pair of crutches to stand up in those.
 
 
 
Very masculine 
 
 
This closet is so calming. Maybe it's the color. I could just curl up in the corner and take a nap.



Another masculine one; nice finish on the cabinetry.


 
Nice and cozy 
 
 
 Wow!  Love the fridge!  Must be very thirsty homeowners to have to install a wine cooler in the closet. I think we could be friends.
 
   
 
Soooo sweet and pretty.
 

Two story closet?  If I had one of these I would have to run back to Good Will and get all my old stuff back! 
 
***** 
 
Can you believe Thanksgiving is one week away?
 
Have a wonderful Thursday!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I am the same way. Neat house and messy closets. Really almost anything behind doors is a bit of a mess.
    Yep, it has to be the vents shrinking things. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those closets. Dreaming of one that big
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader here. Going back to the beginning. Love your humor. I'm still laughing over this -

    "Two story closet? If I had one of these I would have to run back to Good Will and get all my old stuff back!"

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts