Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, November 10, 2012

'Neath the Wreath

I have been attending the Junior League's Holiday Gift Market for about eight years now.  This year I went with my buddy Veronica, new pal Jill, and shopper extraordinaire, Pam.  I have given Pam that title because we all received a text from her two days before going outlining her suggestions for successful shopping.  It included things to bring such as a large bag to carry all our loot, lots of cash and credit cards, protein snacks, water bottle and aspirin for over stimulation.  Also, Pam suggested to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.  I think she definitely earned her new title.  Love that girl!  
 
Let the shopping begin..... 
 
 
 
 
By the time I left this place I had gained 5 lbs. from all the samples I tried!
  
 
 
 
I think you have to be super sweet to sell Toffee.  Both of these booths had the nicest people doling out the samples or "bait" as the gentleman in the hat called it. They never got mad once when I kept going back for more and telling them it was for a friend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
These paper whites in mason jars were pretty but not quite as pretty as the ones that Yvonne made on Stonegable.
 
 
This looked better in real life.  The silver bulbs were so pretty hanging from the vintage tea stained ribbon.
 
 
 
More paper whites! 
 




 
 
Jill doing some serious shopping, well equipped with large bag for loot. 
 
 
 
Popcorn!
 
 
Great pillows and very popular with the crowd! 
 
 
 
 
Shopper extraordinaire Pam absolutely beaming in her natural habitat.
 
 
 
 
This poor lonesome guy didn't see a customer for miles.  He improved his putting skills though.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Tres chic Veronica treated herself to this adorable mohair bag.
 
 
This booth had the most beautiful wreaths and ribbon.  
 
 
 
 
Metal for the yard and the house.


 
 
 
Lots of pretty jewelry.
 
 
 
 
 
This booth was a new addition this year.  If you are lucky enough to be my friend, you may be receiving a whole foot's worth of these little gems in your stocking!
 
 
 
 
I could have worn this sign on my chest when my girls were little.  That way I could have pointed to it and wouldn't have ended up with laryngitis on Christmas Eve every year. 
 
 
Two of my favorite things... pearls and Audrey. 
 
 
I should have gotten a couple of these for my girls to wear during exam time. 
 
 
 The Mister agrees....
 
 
A "must have" for Sista.
 
 
 
Cute hostess gifts 
 
 
 
 
Love the name! 
 
 
This is a 30 minute workshop to help determine your decorating style.  Like I don't spend enough time at home devouring Pinterest every minute of my life!
 
 
 
This lady who was selling these told me that she uses this bag as a carry on when traveling.  I think I've sat next to her on a flight.  My legs were numb from lack of leg room.
 
 
 
 
Shhhh...don't tell Sista but she just might find this little beauty in her Christmas stocking! 
 
 
And last but not least.... my new best friend!  I think I tried a sample of every kind of bundt cake they had! 
 
 
 I know what I'm getting for Christmas ... a big fat bundt that won't be able to squeeze into my "stretch" Chico jeans. 
 
 
Hope you're having a great weekend!
 
 
 
 

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I'm deeply envious. I missed our local JL shopping extravaganza due to a sprained ankle :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for getting rid of that thing where you have to type the letters and #s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to kick off the shopping season! I love your picks ... and comments. Ha!

    Have a great weekend ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG WHAT FUN!!!!! I would go nuts there, all the pretty and unique gifts PLUS toffee and popcorn...does it get any better? Great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, so much great loot. How did you choose?
    :)

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts