Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Newport - Part 1

Hello dear friends.  Last weekend, we took our #1 and Adorable Jonathon to my new favorite town, Newport, Rhode Island.  It was a picture-perfect day featuring warm sunshine and soft breezes.




Newport is packed with good old New England charm.





My home country was calling me. 



Love this cute little sign in the window box.



There are so many fabulous restaurants in Newport.  We decided have lunch at The Mooring which is located on the water.  It was a great choice.




The Mister got to stare at boats through lunch.  His new favorite hobby.




We couldn't have lunch on the water without ordering mussels.


Another appetizer we ordered was a bag of donuts.  It was a combo of lobster, crab, and shrimp fritters.  Take my word for it, those little guys are addicting.


Adorable Jonathon sampling the very first mussel of his life.  
He liked it!



The empty nesters pretty happy to have one of their little chikadees home.


Notice the sign Dog Bar.  People can enjoy their lunch al fresco in the company of their dog.  If Chowdah ever learns how to behave, he may be invited sometime.







Did not sample any of these delights, but they looked delicious!


Love this shop!  Most of the merchandise in the store is made from refurbished sails.


Great looking bags that will last forever. I don't think airport security stands a chance ruining one of these sturdy bags.


They also carry a line of darling baskets for bikes.


So cute I may put this little beauty on my Christmas list.
Just kidding Mister, I still want jewelry.



Happy Friday!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

17 comments:

  1. What an adorable town! I've always heard about Newport, but never really seen much of it. Thanks for the tour, and for making me hungry for seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newport is one of our all time favorites and it's been a long while since we visited (e.g. the boys were 6 and younger.) Time to schedule a visit - perhaps while we're doing our college tours. Those seafood beignets looks simply sinful!
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to spend a day! Is that Barking Crab related to the one in downtown Boston? I'm pretty sure that I need one (or more) of those bags made from old sails! I love the colors and the graphic quality of the numbers - it must be the accountant in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, Always enjoy your posts. Newport is such a great place to visit. Sounds like #1 and adorable J. had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely day...so nice to have family to share it with...the baskets were cute, but I'm with you for the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one place I would love to got to!! I have to put it on my list and just go.. it looks fantastic! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you happen to tour any of the 'cottages'? Guess everything is relative!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one thing about Newport that I love is that it pretty much stays the same. Each visit, we would tour one 'mansion' and then lunch and shop. The boat tour around the island is a wonderful way to see all the Summer Homes from the water. It's always a lovely day......but that bridge always made me nervous!

    Warmly, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that looks like my kind of trip...retail therapy food, retail therapy, food and repeat....oh yea! Such fun.....I LOVE Newport!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun!! I went to Salve Regina, now called The Newport College...great place to go to school! Miss the East Coast!!! Have a great weekend!!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, it is like a storybook! I love those sails bags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh Rhode Island! I've always longed to visit and your pics do not disappoint! I loved seeing the sights, and the shops and the ships (okay boats, but I was on a roll… he he ) Delightful photos and loved seeing each one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love Newport! I actually was born there but moved away when I was young. It looks like it was a perfect family weekend! Hope you have another great one this weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoy your tours of local spots on the East Coast. You spotlight all the important factors; food, fun and shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be very careful Katie...first the cute basket and next thing you know you'll be exercising! Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to pop back over and check out your Newport posts! Wow, you took some great photos of the adorable town! I need to go back!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to pop back over and check out your Newport posts! Wow, you took some great photos of the adorable town! I need to go back!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts