Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Weekend #1

Hello dear friends.  My #1 and Adorable Jonathon came for a visit on Easter Weekend.  The Mister and I are very fortunate that we enjoy being in the company of our children and their friends as adults.  There were some days during their teenage years that I didn't know whether that would ever happen.  So if you are trapped in the treacherous teen years with your children,  have faith.  Things have a way of turning around as their twentieth year comes into focus.  


We met the happy couple at a great restaurant in the Mandarin Orient Hotel.  The food was fabulous and the company even better!




Happy Empty Nesters!


They brought these darling bowls for Chowdah and Chili.  My dogs have nicer china than me!


Chow's one tough customer when it comes to pretty plate wear and he seems to approve.




#1 inherited her love for animals from her grandmother and beautiful mother.





I think Chili is in love!!

We hit the sack early because we had to be up at the crack of dawn to catch the ferry to Nantucket.  High winds and showers were expected, and our house guests wanted to weather the storm in Nantucket.

Until next time...






Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and fine china for the "kids"...I agree completely, spending time with the adult children is much easier than when they were teens...happy to be over that hurdle. Can't wait to hear about Nantucket...perhaps you might write a limerick? No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is all so lovely...what a grand Easter..makes me miss taking the ferry in Portland with all the pups! Have a lovely weekend dear Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous family, friends, and pet bowls -- I think Number 1 also got her great taste from her beautiful mother! Did I miss a post on Andy and Anderson? I want to know all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...how right you are about our grown children! Isn't it so fun to have them as "friends" now and it's ok to be friends with them? For so long, we were the authoritive figures who spent endless hours 'teaching' and 'advising' and well....just doing our job of parenting. The neatest thing to me is to now hear my grown children talk to someone else about wanting to raise THEIR children just the way they were raised. Or re-telling a teaching experience that they had with us that we had NO idea they were even listening to!!!!
    That daughter of yours is precious!!! Such an infectious smile.....as well as that Mister of yours!!
    Have a great spring time weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right before parents think that all hope is lost for having a good relationship with their kids, one day the light bulb goes off, and kids realize that their parents aren't the enemy but rather their biggest cheerleaders. Thank heaven for electricity.
    Can't wait to hear the Nantucket details. Have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right; our youngest turns 21 in ten days, and we all just celebrated his and SIL's birthdays for a whole weekend. They actually enjoy hanging out with us, who would have thought?! It was heaven! So nice when we don't have the tension of the discipline anymore. Those doggie bowls, swoon! I know you had a fabulous weekend with your girl and her beau. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it SO much fun to hang with the grown up kids?! We are headed to Newport for the weekend to meet up with our youngest...the to DC to visit our daughter in two weeks, and then out to Cali to visit the middle one. Good thing they live in a few of my fave places!! Have a fabulous weekend, my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are soo cute!! And have exquisite taste in dog bowls:) Teddy has the same and they can't get any prettier than that. Looks like a perfect weekend to me, love hanging with my adult kids too~ Have a beautiful weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jonathan is so adorable - excited for your Nantucket update! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the very best things about being an empty nester is hanging out with your adult children. Can't wait to hear about Nantucket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The restaurant atop the Mandarin in NYC is fabulous too. I am all about pretty dishes, even if they belong to a dog : ) Trying to read around a bit...too much on my plate this month!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts