Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Touch of France in Hingham


Hello dear friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  It is so great to see the flowers bloom and the trees begin to reclaim their leaves.  I have two lilac trees right outside of my kitchen  and I am waiting impatiently for them to pop with color.  When they do, you will see lots of photos because they don't bloom for very long.






The original Talbots

As you know, I am taking needlepoint lessons.  If you missed it, and want to risk being bored to tears by my lack of needle craft skills, you can find it here.  As I told you, the shop is in the heart of a darling town named Hingham.  It is the home of the first Talbots store and is chock full of great boutiques and eateries.

One of my favorite shops is called  La Petite Maison.  I could browse in this delicious taste of France for hours on end.  






French music sets the mood for shopping.








Wish they had this lobstah sweatah in my size.
Maybe my next needle craft will be knitting!




Next time I need a baby gift, I am heading here.




Beautiful bed linens.













Love the dog pillow!











Hostess gifts galore! 


This is Nan, the lovely owner of the shop. 







I picked this up for my kitchen.  
There was no way that I could leave that gorgeous shop empty handed!


Next time you are on the South Shore, stop by La Petite Maison and say bonjour!

Until next time...





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. It is a modern looking storefront but a complete surprise when you are inside! I love it- It is filled with great stuff...and a pretty shopkeeper, too. I think you SHOULD learn to knit and make yourself one of those sweaters...right after you master needlepoint! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my first trip to France this past fall, and this shop looks like it would be the perfect place to visit when I get "France-sick." I'm hoping there's a website! And the photo of the original Talbots made me smile. I remember my mom getting those early catalogs, and everything was so super preppy--wraparound skirts with appliques and embroidered-motif shorts and so on, perfect with Pappagallo shoes and button bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet floral dress and monogram smock dress had me hooked...I had boys so I always have a sweet spot for a cute dress....Love the shop ...I am grateful for the two helathy boys and they are grateful that I never put either in a dress and didn't name either Hannah.

    I adore Hingham & Talbot's ...given that I am French, thanks for sharing this lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your first needlepoint project. I missed commenting on your birthday post--Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shop! I would not have been able to leave without the Jack Russell pillow you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, Nan really has it together with her creative and curated finds!!
    I know I would not be able to leave empty handed as well!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci Katie for this kind reference to France. I am pleased to see that you like French things as I like American things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spent part of my childhood living in Hingham so what a nice trip down memory lane. Went to East Elementary School and wish I could remember the name of the street we lived on in a big white house that dated back to the revolutionary war. But sadly both of my parents are gone as is the address! My mother shopped at that Talbots, that is how far back they go. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I just had a fit over that little girl's dress with the butterflies!! Wish I could make a trip to this cute shop and bring it home for Heidi! Love all of the New England posts - cannot wait to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts