Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

If You Were My Headband...by #2

My #2 has kindly agreed to fill in for me today and write a guest post.  


*****



#2 here again. Fulfilling my weekly blogging quota. This week we'll be discussing the one thing that I would bring with me on a desert island: a headband. And, when I say it's the one thing I'd take with me, I mean it - on the first night staying in my dorm I was asked that question as a "getting to know you" icebreaker and answered the same way.


Here's my issue: I hate hair in my face. I break out like no other when a single strand falls in front of my hairline. 



So, in order to avoid this day-ruiner, my room contains 93% elastic. My personal favorites are, of course, the no-slip bands. These are the standard, find-anywhere, headbands. They stay in place and keep me happy. Mission accomplished.


Okay, so they're not all neutral colors. I've got some cute ones too to spice up my headwear. 

Designer, Rebecca Michaels, has come out with headbands of all shapes, sizes, and patterns. 










Yeah, I want all of these. They'll keep me sane and acne-free. 
I take that back.
I need these.

Obviously Lulu had to make an appearance here as well…

My sister so kindly gave me a "gently used" Lulu headband, circled with elastic to remain in place. It's my absolute favorite one. 


The names all I need. 


The color. The hold. The reliability. It's enough to sell me… well, when I have more than $7.38 in my bank account. 
#declined


They actually made this for me and my flyways (better known in the PEN household as "baby hairs").


They're an investment. And an addiction. 
Go out, and remove all of that hair in front of your eyes.
You're welcome.



Can't even look at this. 


Thank you, #2.  Great post!!


Hope y'all enjoying these days of summer!










Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

7 comments:

  1. LOL...having raised two athletes (cheer and volleyball) we should have stock in these companies by now! LOL Katie even took to making her own last year while in the dorm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I used to wear headbands all the time...and now my grandgirls do- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just recently become a huge fan of headbands! Excited about this post and can't wait to experiment with some of these fantastic suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny I have a thing about hair in my face too, always have. I have dozens of these tiny little mini clips where half my hair gets pulled back, it is my signature look...looks nice but keeps the hair off! I used to have a stash of headbands and whip them out every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hair is a total pain in the rear and getting worse by the day because of the grey.. those little guys stick up like antennae and need to be put in there place. I use a little twisty to make a ponytail or I pile my hair up high (hubs calls me a bun-head). Looks odd but feels good (I try not to go out in public like this). I can get a way with a thin/tiny head band but I generally look terrible with my hair plastered back:) TMI?

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those - but have to admit my hair is not long enough for one. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://happymusings.weebly.com/

    Check out my blog about raising teens! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts