Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, October 26, 2015

this n' that


Hello, dear friends.  Happy Monday!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  Ours was very relaxing and fairly uneventful.  







I finally got around to dressing up our bowls on our wall.  They were filled with geraniums and ivy since May.  They were hanging on for dear life and I didn't have the heart to pull them out until one cold night finally did them in.




On Sunday, we went to see Tom Hanks' new film.  I didn't expect to like it, but the story kept me enraptured.  The only criticism I have is that it was a tad too long. 




Update on my fitbitch fitbit.  I must admit that I have not skipped out on my daily walk as much as I would have if I didn't have this annoying thing on my wrist.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love it when it sends me banners to tell me how great I'm doing, and I hate it when I can feel the disapproving silence around my wrist.   Maybe they should change the name to nagbit.

I haven't been on the scale because we had a fight awhile ago and haven't been speaking.  As soon as it stops lying and starts telling the truth, we will be friends again.

*****

My #1 couldn't get out due to the torrential rains in Texas this weekend.  She made her famous 5-ingredient turkey chili and sent me her recipe through pictures.  It is not only delicious but also low fat.  






























Move over, Pioneer Woman, #1 is coming to town!


Until next time...



woof.doggieloot.com
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

13 comments:

  1. Haha Katie,
    I love your thoughts on not only Fitbit, also on weight loss in general. My scale was thrown out due to its constant lying and cheating long ago!

    I am going to be making your daughters chili very soon ! My first chrysanthemums have already died, our weather is so crazy , toasty one day freezing the next!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Lesley Schiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am much like the lady holding the scales of justice...I wear a blindfold when dealing with scales. I love turkey chili even better than beef chili....love your big bowls on the wall, I still haven't pulled my geraniums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, Your #1's chili looks delicious (and easy!) My hubby loves chili so I definitely plan on making it! Barbara P from Ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot! Just lost my whole comment about my scale and I'm not going there again...lol
    Love your big bowls-so pretty all dressed up for Fall. I just brought some geraniums inside to see if I can overwinter them in a big sunny window. We'll see.
    That chili looks great- #1 did a great job! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes technology seems like such a beast of burden. I wonder what my Grandmother would think of a fit bit. She raised 9 children and worked the farm. I bet she could whip a fit bit into shape. Maybe as a society, we need to go back to big families and farms. I bet planting those planters was quite herculean. As always - adore your posts, recipes, snippets of no. 1 and 2. Also love to Chili, Chowdah and the Mr.
    I guess every trophy wife needs a diamond encrusted fit bit or a QZ. one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chili looks great! As do the elephant Salt and Pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wall and decorated bowls. One of those pups looks like our Beast, it would be the one that's snarling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny I made TURKEY CHILI this week too!First time and it was DELICIOUS!
    I like YOUR NAMES for that thing on your wrist!NO WAY WILL I GET ONE!
    LOVED YOUR VOICE VIDEO of YOU talking to CHOW!Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Tom Hanks - I want to see his new movie! Thanks for your endorsement.
    The chili looks delish - no beans in Texas chili?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Psssst ... if you go to a play and are wearing your fitbit, every time you clap the fitbit numbers will jump. Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psssst ... if you go to a play and are wearing your fitbit, every time you clap the fitbit numbers will jump. Up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter has a FitBit, but she says she can do without it. I would say that too, if I had to reset the darn thing twice during a one-hour tap class because I had maxed out the steps on it. Like she needs it; she is 5'7" and wears a size 4. I really liked "Bridge of Spies," but there were some slow parts to it. I went to see "The Martian" this past weekend, and I was surprised by how good it was. Really good. My son has read the book, and he says it is like reading a Tom Clancy novel only about space...very technical and specific. Your fall bowls are beautiful. I am in the process of planting pansies and kale for winter here in Oklahoma, but I don't have a place for mums because I refuse to plant them near the house as they attract termites. Yuck! I may have to shoot for the flowerbed in the back yard against the fence. Young Miss' chili looks great, so I may have to try it given the stupid weather here. Have I told you yet that I am NOT looking forward to winter?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband says to strap your fitbit onto one of the dogs' collars, grab a tennis ball, and you'll be skinny in no time!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts