Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

An Impatient Hodgepodge

Hello, dear friends.  How is your week going?  All is well here.  It's amazing how quickly Hodgepodge comes around. 







1.  What's something that has recently "tried your patience"?





The Mister will testify to the fact that the last time I lost my patience was last weekend walking through Times Square.  We stayed at a lovely hotel in that area and virtually had to walk through the bedlam every time we adventured out.  What a circus!  

People have no problem stopping in the middle of their tracks to take a photo, or worse, a selfie.  I had been pushed, pulled, and prodded with selfie sticks.  There are no such words as "excuse me" and "sorry" in NYC.

Aside from that, I had a wonderful weekend. 



2.  Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow?  On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you?  (1= I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10 = I've got all the time in the world)






I believe a person's patience level is a result of the environment that he/she was raised in.  For instance, my parents were not patient people and passed on that trait to moi.  Lucky me.  

The Mister will try to persuade you that he is patient, but he far from it.  Our poor kids.



3.  Share about a time when you felt like you could fly.  Or a time you wished you could fly.  Or a time you felt like you were flying.






Every time that I am in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I daydream of owning a car that flies.




4.  Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?



It took me less than three seconds to come up with an answer to this one... Fly Me To The Moon by the Chairman of the Board. 



5.  What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?










If I were to suggest a place to picnic in my neck of the woods I would take you to Duxbury Beach.

Duxbury Beach is widely regarded as one of the best beaches on the South Shore, if not all of Massachusetts.  It is covered by miles of swooping sand dunes and rocky shore.
~ Boston.com



Maybe the Mister could prepare a light meal like this one for us.



6.  Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping... which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?





The only skill that I am interested in is computer technology.  If I never have to step into another Apple store, it will be too soon.




7.  What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?





If it's not on sale, I'm not interested.  By the way, has anyone else noticed that there is an exceptional amount of sales going on?  I have yet to go into Loft, Anne Taylor, J Jill or Talbots where they have not had great sales going on.




8.  Insert your own random thought here.






I have officially jumped on the poncho train.  I positively LOVE them and I am in search of every blessed poncho sold on the East Coast.  

Why do I adore this fashion accessory?  

First and foremost, the almighty poncho covers a multitude of sins.  Good bye Spanx!  So long to holding in my pot belly until my lips turn blue!  

Secondly, ponchos are very warm and easy to move around in.  No more trying to fit behind a steering wheel and having arms not long enough to steer.

And the last thing is that ponchos are great for security reasons.  Believe it or not, I have a cute little cross body purse along with an extra 20 pounds hidden under that rockin' poncho. 

Viva la Poncho!!


Until next time...





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

28 comments:

  1. 1. A classroom full of very rambunctious second graders tried my patience this week.
    2. Constantly working on making patience a virtue, so I probably only rate a 3 currently.
    6. I really wish I possessed my father's carpentry skills so I could build myself a wooden file cabinet, a corner dining room hutch, and a comfy wooden bench.
    7. I can't justify spending the money on a new corner dining room hutch, wooden file cabinet, or comfy wooden bench since I know Christmas is just around the corner.
    I love your poncho, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at your being poked with selfie sticks..ridiculous! What has our world come to and somehow I dont' think I can see stylish Europeans doing that, leave it to us Americans:)
    I hear you on patience...I have none, nada, zilch but I try to practice a little bit every day (not easy)
    Everything is on sale and I swear if its not you can ask......I have seen this with my own two eyes, its a different world today! Hail to the poncho.....a girls best friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on people just stopping in the middle of the walking area. It bugs me to no end. It is so rude! Oh and that bit about patience is definitely environmentally influenced. I think today's kids are of the entitlement era and there is no patience with them. Thankfully I did not grow up in that, but my patience is not perfect either! Have a lovely east coast day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget my maple tree hill above a river, I'm going to picnic on that gorgeous beach!! And I'm so glad to hear of the poncho revival. I have one I dragged back from Bolivia years ago. It's beautiful. I wonder if llama is 'in' this season. Oh yes, Fly me to the Moon is a great choice, but I'd prefer that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always make me laugh Katie! The world has become obsessed with selfies! And.....what in the world happened to just being polite? Not the southern way...no ideed! I hope you are enjoying these October days...let me know what you find yummy at Trader Joe's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC is good for a day or two...but too many people, too much everything! And you picked a great "fly" song from ole blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that poncho! Where did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable in your poncho! Have a great day Katie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I weren't so short...4'11" to be exact, I'd hop on the poncho train, too! You look amazing in it! Wow...that beach looks like my kind of place. Peaceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I patiently read every word. lol Love all your answers-I always smile reading your answers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want a poncho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last poncho I wore was the one my mom crocheted me when I was in elementary school (remember those 'fun' multi-color yarns?).
    A friend moved to Duxbury, hated it and left within a year. Apparently she never made it to the beautiful beach.
    Patience was sorely lacking in my house when I was growing up too. Luckily my kids have my husband's patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those days of the multi-colored panchos. Have a great weekend, Paige.

      Delete
  13. I'm going to embrace the poncho this season too. They tried to make a comeback a couple of years ago, but were still too 70's for me. They're much more modern this season. My hubs has zero patience behind the wheel. Mostly he wishes for a tank : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. No poncho in my closet but you've got me seriously considering acquiring one. We like walking Wingaersheek beach In Gloucester this time of year but do the picnicing (clam chowder) at Farnham's down the road in Essex. Bonus, Essex has great antique shops. Patience? Some days I have it in spades. Other days zero, occassionally I'm on the minus side! Your dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Augh, selfie sticks. When did this become a thing??

    That poncho is cute and looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie,
    I find the older I get, the less patience I have especially when someone stops right in front of me to talk, take a photo or just fiddle, very annoying! I try to always shop sales, hate paying full price for anything anymore. I'm not a poncho girl, never was but it sure looks good on you! My favorite "fly" song is Fly Like an Eagle by the Steve Miller Band, it always takes me back. Wow, I didn't know we were roommates at Marshall's, can't believe we haven't run into each other in the bathroom!
    Rebecca
    PS. my sister and I are talking about trying to take another trip up your way over her spring break from school this year. We talked about going somewhere else but love it there so much. If we work it out will definitely will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie, first off I love your poncho and it is on my list for the season.
    I do try to be patient; however their are a few areas I have trouble within that area, technology for example, and waiting in lines. The song I love about flying is an iconic Randy Crawford, One Day I'll Fly Away. Not only is it beautifully sung the lyrics are lovely as well!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Palm Beach Chic

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are rocking that poncho! Times Square is a nightmare. My sister's old office was smack dab in the middle - ugh. I guess it better than it used to be.....no more peep shows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so agree with you about Times Square! And what's up with everyone being so fascinated with their image on the jumbo screen?! And this will be my second fall/winter of hiding my chubby self under a poncho, love them!
    I so look forward to reading your posts, almost like hearing from an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joan for your kind words. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  20. Did you say sale? I agree, don't even talk to me unless it is on sale. I love Deluxbury...have a niece and three nephews who have made their homes in the town. Right now there is a great-niece or great-nephew in grades 1 through 6 at the Deluxbury schools...the clam-digging is fabulous by the Duxbury Beach bridge (I know the Mister likes a good clam). Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made me smile and you look adorable in your poncho! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts