Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, October 3, 2014

Celebrating Fall @ Casa del Empty Nesters

Hello dear friends.  We've had a dreary couple of days around here.  Chowdah doesn't mind the rain, though.  He just doesn't understand why his Mom won't go out and play ball with him in the pouring rain.



Rain... rain... go away.


A lot of my blogger friends are featuring their Fall decorations, which I have enjoyed very much.  Since the girls aren't home, I am not into decorating as much as I have been in the past.  




Busted!!  
Chowdah's new favorite food group:  Pumpkin stems.


















I just threw in a few gourds in the bowls on the wall at the end of the driveway. 





Photo bomb Chowdah!










This is my all-occasion bunny.  
Bunnies are not just for Easter anymore.



Two of my favorite things in the Fall:  white pumpkins and pepper plants.




This is my all-time favorite Halloween decoration.  Years ago, I bought it because it reminded me of a certain little girl.



When my #2 got home from school the day that I bought it, she was amazed that someone made a "statue" that looked just like her!

Notice the glasses that she penned on her pumpkin!


That's it for now, folks.

  
Next week I will begin the week with some BIG news.  

And for those jumping to conclusions, no I am not pregnant.  
The Mister and I decided that we are going to wait a few years before that happens again! 


Happy Weekend!


,




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

15 comments:

  1. This is ALL beautiful Katie!! it brought so many lovely memories of Maine. The nurseries all had such bountiful and beautiful hanging baskets! Your home is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than fall in MA! You weren't kidding about the similarity with that 'statue' and #2! What a cutey - (#2' not the statue). And your big news had better not be you are moving!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful, Katie. I love your porch and the urns and the big piece at the end of your drive with the pumpkins/gourds tucked into it. How funny that Chowdah eats pumpkin stems! lol
    Hope you have some rain free weekend times. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the flowers and pumpkins, just beautiful. I am thinking the news has something to do with a recent college grad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chowdah's photo bomb made me laugh out loud! He's just the cutest thing! - Okay, the flashback of your little one is actually cuter, but Chowdah's a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is the quintessentiall New England home. Love your Halloween/fall decor. Let me guess...Your big news is that you will be a new mom....in-law! Is #1 engaged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. As for the second part - no comment.

      Delete
  7. Your decorations are beautiful! We will be away for Halloween this year so I am not sure I am decorating for fall at all...but you have inspired me to do something. Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....looking FABULOUS my friend. Seriously this is magazine cover worthy. You go girl and show them how its done and you tell Chowdah to leave those pumpkins alone! Looks sooo pretty, I think blogging definitely makes us step up our game, what do you think? Enjoy your weekend, look forward to your big news, please dont' tell me George is leaving his new wife for you....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about decorating for the seasons with no girls home to appreciate the effort... But your bunny and white pumpkins are perfect! And the pepper plant? Brilliant!! Can't wait to hear your big news! I will spend the weekend trying to guess what it is so thanks for taking "pregnant" off the list of possibilities. ;-) Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. You have inspired me to decorate more around my house this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pumpkins in the flower pots! I agree - since my daughters have grown I use less Halloween and more autumn decor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Katie, how are you my dear
    I just wanted to say that I really ,LOVE your autumn décor...the rudbeckias on your porch ( is that the name?) are so pretty...its all lovely for me to see, as we do not have such panache with fall décor in the uk...Although pumpkins are in stock now and I am harvesting the grapes and apples in my garden.
    I love the strong light at this time of year, don't you?
    I may do some fall flowers later in the week in your honour, while still looking for pinky hydrangeas for a 40th dinner I am dressing.
    My how Chowdah has grown, what a darling he is......Happy weekend & love to you xx

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts