Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, January 26, 2018

The Friday Files


Hello, dear friends.  Happy Friday!  I hope that you all had a good week.  Today I am off to a needlepoint luncheon.  I hope nobody checks my progress because there isn't any.  

Without further adieu, let's get on with The Friday Files.






Today's house tours come from the beautiful state of North Carolina.  And yes, they are for sale.







To see more of this gorgeous home, click here







I wonder if the deer is included in the deal.

To see more of this heavenly home, click here.








Want a sneak peek into some Designer's homes?
They're right here.







Want to perk up your kitchen?
What about an herb garden?







My new obsession.










These stuffed peppers not only look delicious, but they are also good for your waistline.  You can find the recipe here.












Are you crazy for meatballs?










If you appreciate a well-dressed potato like me, click here for some creative concoctions.






Good news for Cheesecake Factory fans.





Doesn't this sandwich look delish?
You might be surprised what it's made of...






My go-to diet dressing has decided to increase the calories.
Interesting marketing strategy.
I tried this one, Walden Farms Italian Dressing which has NO calories, and I think it's yummy.










The Brits have named the top 50 'little luxuries' that they appreciate most in life.  I agree with most of them.  
The quilted toilet paper isn't a deal breaker.

Guess what is number one? 






Are you sick of Winter?  I think that you know my answer to that.  Here is an informative article that gives you great tips on scoring the best deals on luxury hotel properties.
If you save money, you have to split it with me.






Daily Geekette
Guess who is getting into the audiobook business?

Hopefully, that means less expensive books coming our way.






Amazon

I have a question for you.  Do you take Collagen?  My #2 swears by it and the Mister says that it works for his joint pain after workouts.  

I just started taking these this week.  
The reviews say that it does wonders for the skin.
I'll keep you posted.
You'll be the first to know if I start getting carded.








Best news of the day.  
Murphy Brown is coming back!




I follow Candace Bergen on Instagram and she always writes fun, entertaining posts.  You can follow her here.






Do you have $14.00?
If you answered yes then you have a chance of winning this mansion along with a Rolls Royce, 10 acres of land, a 3-hole golf course, a gardener, and a housekeeper.
Find out the deets here.

Hope you win!!

Until next time...





loveofgoldens.com



Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

17 comments:

  1. Well I totally agree with the Brits on their list of small luxuries. As an old nurse, I think your genes have a lot to do with your aging skin. And unfortunately for me the fair skinned Scotch Irish tend to have elastic skin...meaning it sags easily. If the collagen works, let me know.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Town, House tours, Meatballs (making some on Sunday), and Murphy Brown have my heart! And so do you beautiful babe-a-tolla! Ordering the collagen now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now I am hungry! Loved Murphy Brown. And yes, while I don't take it (plan to ask my doc about it Monday) my girlfriend swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning...great post, had to read it twice because I am home with the flu (yes, I had a flu shot, but one of my teacher perks is exposure to so many layers of germs...try not to be jealous)). I read your post on my phone first and didn't understand the reference to the deer from one of the home tours...I zoomed in on the photo while laying in my bed in a feverish stupor and glazed over eyes. I then determined I needed to take some ibuprofen to ease the symptoms...voilà, a couple of hours later and a re-read on my laptop and now I see the deer. Also, I think I might be feeling better because those meatballs look delicious and I am craving them now.I love A Place to Call Home...I wrote about it a couple of years ago on my blog because the lead actress reminded me of my niece and also it is a good watch, not quite Downton, but right up there, even Hubster liked it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house with the deer is a beauty...not sure about the dear though. I like the list the Brits came up with.
    I loved Murphy Brown. I will watch for that one to show up again. I looked at her Instagram. I thought the bags were cute she is painting. Maybe we need to get one with our little dog babies on them. Not sure if I buy a Loius Vuitton though that I am going to let anyone paint on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, so so much in this post. I did linger and explore the potato recipes and printed off a whole bunch. Hubby and I are doing cardio rehab - he is doing the rehab and I am tagging along to watch the info videos. Now that we have cleared that up, they discussed the importance of eating potatoes and especially baked ones. So I am now loaded with tons of ways to load the spuds and probably negate all the benefits. Have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home Town is a wonderful show - we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this was jam packed full of goodies! I may have to make Hubby some of the meatballs, he loves them, me, not so much but I do enjoy a good stuffed bell pepper. And, I do love a loaded baked potato. I use the Walden Farm Ranch dressing and it's amazingly good. Have a greatt weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mansion link does'nt work - and I had an extra $14.50 on me!! I love Cheesecake factory brown bread - i will be watching for that to show up in the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading your post while digging through the freezer I think I have most everything I need for those yummy meatballs. Thanks for planning my dinner tonight:) Love to visit real estate that is on the market, not that I'm in the market just love houses. Thanks for all the ideas and tips, now going to visit another house.....Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fun post with lots of links to fun stuff. Can't wait to see Murphy Brown make a reappearance.
    For some ODD reason, as much as I love HGTV, I just cannot get into HomeTown. Most of those shows I love but I just can't connect with this one-strange, I know.
    Hope you have a great weekend. I have two grandgirls here so you know how much I will get done. (that would be nothing much). lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited about Murphy Brown. Every herb I grow in my kitchen dies. So far no humans have. Well, we don't know where Margaret, the lady who lived in my house before I bought it died. Hope it wasn't the kitchen. Meatballs... haven't thought of those for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great tidbits this week! My son loves stuffed peppers, and my husband loves meat balls, so I'm grateful for these recipes to change things up a bit. Houses - always! Happy weekending to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been wanting to take the collagen because of my neck and back issues. It has been helped a lot by yoga and physical therapy, but I have heard the collagen does wonders! I have only watched 1 or 2 episodes of Home Town but the advertise it all the time and now my 11 year old keeps quoting, "Just go ahead and do it!" Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read about Murphy Brown and was so happy, love her and loved the show. I am craving a five course dinner right now thanks to you!
    And I will be going buy Collagen TODAY. Will check out Home Town, thanks for the tip. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Murphy Brown! And those potatoes are making me chew on my fingers!! No calorie salad dressing??? Fun stuff!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie, you are killing my Whole30 diet. I love stuffed peppers and meatballs. Please give us an update on the collagen!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts