Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hamptons, Here We Come!

Hello dear friends.  I can't believe it is the weekend already!  This week just whizzed by!

A couple of weeks ago, my buddy, Dude, called me and asked if I wanted to join her and her friends for their annual pilgrimage to the Hamptons.  Before she even finished the question I yelled YES!  I didn't even ask when they were going.  I knew that this journey usually includes two of my favorite things:  a show house and a TJ Maxx.

So Wednesday was the big day.  I took an enormous amount of photos so I will split my journey into three posts:  today's, the show house, and my new favorite store.





We were up bright and early to catch the 7:30AM ferry.  It was a gorgeous day.  The show house gods were with us.   This was my first pic - I think by the end of the day these sweet ladies were ready to throw the camera and me off the deck.  Ladies, my family knows your pain.


Dude's wheels were neatly tucked away in the bowels of the boat.  
She brought a huge cooler filled with an arsenal of gluten free grub.






Our first stop was none other than my beloved TJ Maxx.  I get butterflies the minute I drive up to see a new store that I haven't been to before.  My Mother used to tell me to make three wishes when I walk into a new church.  I kind of feel the same way about TJM, Marshals, and Homegoods. 


This is Miss B.  Her family grew up a couple of blocks from me.  She is delighted to find this Hammitt bag from LA.



This is Miss B's sista, Miss P.  These lovely ladies and their two sisters have a brother that I once had quite a fling with at one time.   I don't quite understand what happened - maybe it was poor timing.  We were young with not a care in the world.  It was first grade and our romance ran a good run - about three weeks, which was a lifetime at the tender age of seven.  I consider him the one who got away...   

     

Dude and Miss B discussing the best route to our next adventure... the show house.




Does this crew look happy, or what?  The darling lady in the center with the navy top is Miss M and the lovely lady in the polka dots is another Miss P, who is an interior designer.  I stalked her while she browsed the home goods section.  




After the show house, we did some shopping in East Hampton.  Such a pretty town with great stores. 


I couldn't find a "my Mom went to the Hamptons and all I got was a lousy t-shirt"  for my girls.  I know they're going to be deeply disappointed.




No matter what town I am visiting, Ralph Lauren always has the prettiest store front.





Dude interrupted my people watching to show off her new purchase.  I was on the hunt for at least one Real Housewife.


There are very few fashionistas who can get away wearing such a chic hat and Dude is definitely one of them. 


On the other hand, I guess you can't be height-challenged wearing such a hat.  When I stood up, I caught my reflection in the store window.  I looked like a chunky mushroom.   


We enjoyed a great dinner while we waited for the 8PM ferry.  It's not easy being a supermodel, trophy wife. 

Miss P showing us that humble house up in the hills.  She's putting an offer in on it tomorrow.



It was the most beautiful evening sailing back.  



A perfect ending to a perfect day! 


Until next time...










Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

16 comments:

  1. Love a day spent shopping, sightseeing, and silliness with friends. Weather looked marvelous...can't wait to hear about other happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! The ferry from CT to LI is so convenient. Looking forward to more photos and details of your excursion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige. Can't wait to hear about the big wedding!

      Delete
  3. What a timely post. I am headed to East Hampton tomorrow for 5 days. Going with my sister, and have never been that far east before. Usually go to Quogue. Hope the weather cooperates, looks like rain end of week. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful time with your sister in East Hampton. I hope you have blue skies all the way! Safe travels.

      Delete
  4. Katie what a great group of women friends and what fun. I look forward to the next chapter!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun Katie! I think I'm the ONLY one that hasn't been to the Hamptons.......;} A visit there is on my bucket list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful fun-filled shopping day...there's nothing better than that! The sail home must have been breathtaking....thanks for letting us have a peek Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! And like you, I love to stalk TJM and sister stores! It's the thrill of the hunt! Shwila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention of our Hammitt bag Katie. Your writing style is so fun and light hearted. Have a good rest of the Summer. Tony, founder of Hammitt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony... thank you so much for the nice note. Your bags are absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your summer!

      Delete
  9. What fun!!! Isn't East Hampton fabulous? I am always my happiest being out there minus the traffic snarls of course, did you eat anywhere yummy? Get a lobster roll? Loved the narration, very cute and looks like a picture perfect day!! Did you hit the brand new Homegoods? They just opened a few months ago (if not...next time)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip! There is nothing better than getting together with a group of gal-pals!! The BEST!! Love shopping with you vicariously and seeing the Hamptons is on my bucket list!! Can't wait for the next post!
    I am off today to have lunch with a group of people we graduated with, some we have not seen since we graduated so this should be fun!
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many fun outings. I'm jealous! I hope to get back to traveling once we get settled in this new house. Oh, my, that may never happen. :o)) Thanks for sharing your fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! But no housewives sightings? Boo! Did you at least enjoy a glass of Ramona Pinot Grigio?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun! I got to go to the Hamptons for a week with a friend one summer. She had taken a house for a month and couldn't get her family to spend much time out there with her. All she had to do was ask and I was just like you screaming YES!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts