Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 23, 2018

The Friday Files


Hello, dear friends.  I am happy to report that this week's Four'easter was a bust around my neck of the woods.  I hope that you lucked out as well.

Tomorrow, the Mister and I have an appointment with the Global Entry office.  Knowing the Mister, I have a feeling a nice lunch will be involved.

It's finally Friday.  The Mister was away all week so it was a long one.  It was especially difficult for Chowdah and Chili who start looking out the window for him every evening.  The Mister is definitely the fun parent in our household.






The following house tours were published several years ago.  It just goes to show you that traditional decorating never goes out of style.


Werner Straube

Werner Straube

It was love at first sight when I spotted this kitchen.  To see the rest of this lovely Georgian home, click here.





Robert Brantley



Robert Brantley


Robert Brantley


Robert Brantley

Do you believe that these pics are of a beach house?  To see the rest of this Hamptons home, click here.








I love quinoa and couscous.  If you are a fan as well, you can find 21 creative recipes here.




Audrey's Apron

Here's a list of the most popular Pinterest recipes that people actually use.







I have two friends that collect cookbooks.  I wonder if they own any of these.




Getty

How would you like a paying job that allows you to cook and eat all day long?  Your new career is only a click away.





Jenny Melick

Isn't this laundry room/office darling?
You can read all the details here.



Dave Burk


Werner Straube

Are you thinking about renovating your kitchen?
Here are some tips from a designer.





Photo: Leigh Webber/Carolyn Roehm.com

Here's a list of Salonniere's 100 best party hosts.




If you're wondering how to clear out old Apps that still have access to your Facebook information, click here.


Getty

Ryan Murphy is working on a new series called:  Feud: Charles and Diana.  Here's the scoop.
Save me a seat.




Getty

If that cooking/taste tester thing doesn't work for you, here are ideas for the best work-from-home jobs.






This fabulous book got me through Nor'easter #2.




A lot of reviewers use the word unputdownable when describing this page-turner.  I wholeheartedly agree.  This one took my mind off of the last Nor'easter.  






It's time for true confessions.
Do you see the lovely lady in this photo?
We have something in common besides being young and gorgeous.

Have a good weekend!



Until next time...



Humberto Santos


Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. Oh Blue and White will never go out of style in my opinion. Some of my favorite colors and a pop of Apple Green just makes the color scheme perfection. Have fun with your hubby on your Global Entry day! Some friends of mine did that and it was an all day affair but worth it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    The nor'easter was also a bust here in NJ but my boys had a snow day and a delayed opening. Both called too early, IMO.
    Love every home decorating picture you posted. The laundry room/office is wonderful. We have always had tiny laundry rooms and the washer and dryer are in the basement in our current house.
    Ordered a copy of The Wife Between Us.
    As far as an STD, I no longer shop at Target now that we live in NJ. None are convenient but boy do I miss going there.
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bha ha ha, I'm with you ladies, STD here too, love that video, could totally be me and my Mister! One he moon for the black trimmed windows, we pondered it and now wish we'd have gone the route with all of our white. Eek, I have about 150 more pages to go in The Wife Between Us...so good! We have been discussing doing Global Entry, I hope our day involves a nice lunch too. Hope you had fun and Spring gets sprung a lil for ya this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also: HGD.

    Glad the Four-easter was a bust for you and for my kids! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the Four-easter missed you. Enjoy Global Entry and lunch. Blue and White never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Friday files are always fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me going on the STD! HA! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you didn't get walloped by another storm! That's cute that your dogs were looking for your husband every night. Does he say that they look for you when you are gone? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you Nor'easter was a bust - finally getting a break and perhaps the first glimpse of the fact that there IS another season besides winter. Have a great weekend. Love those classic blue & green homes showcased.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The STD hit me yesterday when I ran into Target to pick up my son's prescription! ha! Happy Weekend Katie! laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katie.. I keep meaning to ask you.. did you read The Lady Who Wrote with Silk? I got about 4 pages in and just could not turn another page (yes, I'm an old school book reader)! But friends and Reese Witherspoon loved the book. Reading the Other Mrs. Somebody.. terrible at titles! ha laur

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that storm was all talk! I know you were too. I see you had good books to keep you occupied. I see I’ll be spending a good part of my day visiting the sites you linked. I especially love house tours so I’m heading there. Happy Saturday Katie......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that blue and white backsplash on the stove. Biggest sigh! And can't wait for Feud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We’re getting sunshine in the Midwest! Not sure if you read it when it came out, and I know biographies aren’t your thing, but Candice Bergen’s A Fine Romance is not to be missed. I couldn’t put it down and I was on vacation! She really writes an excellent book about her very interesting life. She’s also a fun one to follow on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHERE ARE YOU GOING THAT YOU HAVE TO RE-ENTER??????????????

    ReplyDelete
  16. Should I read Me Before You first?? Sounds like a great series! Those cookbooks are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wouldn't mind being a recipe tester, but my hubs said "Forgetaboutit"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Exactly this furniture is timeless and looks always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts