Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 31, 2017

The Friday Files


Hello, dear friends.  I hope you had a great week.  My thoughts are with my buddies in my old hometown, McKinney, TX which got slammed with a horrible hail storm.  Lots of people have posted their damage on facebook, and I was happy to hear that no one got seriously hurt.

Here's is a sampling of what has come across my radar this week.




Are you looking for a summer home in the Hamptons?  
Take a tour of this beauty.


*****




If that last house just didn't do the trick for you and you're seeking more privacy, you can always buy an island.

*****





Here's an article on the hottest new trend in luxury homes.
I can use one of these when the Mister snores.


*****




Do you want some easy, inexpensive ways to update your kitchen?
Joanna Gaines has got them.


*****



Speaking of kitchens, Nora Murphy's Kitchen Issue is out, and it is pure eye candy.   

*****



More Spring table setting ideas can be found here.

*****




Need some ideas for Easter appetizers?
I found 25 right here.




*****





Speaking of Easter, how cute is this Easter dress?
Reese Witherspoon founded Draper James, and they have some very cute, flattering dresses and skirts perfect for the Spring.

Btw... are you watching Big Little Lies?
I'm glued. 

*****



Need an all-in-one monogrammed Easter basket?
This site has some cute ones.


*****



Mark & Graham is having a big sale on Easter accessories. 


*****






Would you like to be happier with your life?
Here are some habits that will improve your mood according to psychologists.  

I'm trying four of them.  
Any more and the Mister wouldn't be able to take it.  
I would be perfect.



*****





Attention: Bloggers!
Here is a list of 8 common Blogging Mistakes.
And I'm making most of them.


*****




How would you like to win an all expense paid seven-day luxury cruise for you and three of your friends?  If you can post a photo on Instagram, you are eligible.  
I'll give you the details as long as you include me as one of your friends.


*****





I love the train.  
This sounds like such a fabulous vacation.


*****



I thought this article was interesting and forwarded it to my girls.  It details 12 important career lessons that many professionals felt they learned too late. 


*****



Do you have trouble getting to sleep at night?
No need to hire contractors to start building that second master suite!  


I have been trying this technique for over a month now, and it has worked for me.

Warning:  do not attempt while driving!



Until next time...




This is an example of using Dr. Weil's technique in the wrong place.
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I love your Friday Files. Yes, I am loving BLL. Just bought the book too! Spring in Texas...yes a pretty significant hail storm...probably more to come. Enjoy your weekend Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I have way too many tabs open from clicking on all your fun links! I have binge watched Big Little Lies over the past few days and just can't wait for the finale this weekend. Did you read the book? It was a good one! I think the idea of dual masters is a good one. There are lots of times it might be needed...a snoring spouse, during illness, or even for an aging parent. I know a lot of Tx homes are now being built with two downstairs bedrooms or even a "suite" downstairs that includes a kitchenette. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to look at Draper James. What a fun dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie! Was shocked & surprised this morning to see that my daughter's book, Beyond the Dark Veil, was featured on your Shop Amazon suggestions! I love your blog & now love it even more! As an avid reader, I love seeing your book suggestions & as a dog lover, I love reading about your two sweeties! Your sense of humor always makes me smile! :) (I have tried posting a comment so many times but have been unable to. Had to use my husband's Google account to get in this morning)

    Kathy Bunge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monroe... thank you so much for your sweet note! I hope that your daughter's book becomes a best seller. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  6. Is it ironic that on the listing for the $15 million house in the Hamptons, Applebee's si running their "2 for $20" ad? Lots of great links in this post, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, your post is FUN! I'm enjoying the links and thank you for the smiles and entertainment! Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all these tabs open now for your links to check out. I did read the blogging mistakes. I just don't want to monetize my blog and feel the pressure to post every day. Thanks for all this info Katie! Have a most beautiful weekend. We will be getting our granddaughter tomorrow for an overnight:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about some aesthetically appealing posts - this is one! Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Reese and her cute clothes! Great list and yes, I would love a house in the Hamptons...Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to travel by train, but I'm having my son read, "Murder on the Orient Express," so perhaps I'll wait a while till the heebie-jeebies pass! Glad all your people in TX are safe. I was in Houston when the storm came through and it was ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I' going to read all these articles right now and that should carry me through to bedtime. I do love that bedroom! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two masters! Great idea. We definitely need them in our house...because I'm the one with the freight train snore! Love your links! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rick and I have dual master bedrooms. Actually, we have dual houses two blocks away which makes it very easy for both of us. We switch off weekends more or less (or wherever we land) but during the week he can actually get some sleep and then get up, hit work and life goes on while I stay up later, sleep later (I'm just a later kind of woman) and don't wake him with coughing! Works out well for us. I can highly recommend it.

    I've got to check out that blogging article. I probably make all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forwarded the Career Lessons to my kids. Actually the article is excellent advice for anybody (whether employed or not).

    I use Dr. Weil's breathing technique to relax - but I adjusted the numbers to 8-4-8. I wonder what he would say about that. Breathing treason??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd leave a longer comment but I must go see how many of the 8 mistakes we are making as bloggers!-Laurel Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL- I read those 8 blogging mistakes and have been guilty of all of them over time, I think. I will never be a world-class blogger but I sure have fun with the gaggle of girls (I mean nice ladies) that visit my blog and respond to my nonsense. lol

    I visited a couple of the links here, Katie. You know I love your Friday Files!! xo Daina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh- Lord, and let me add--please remember how to spell your name when you sign your comment---see above....DIANA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love The Friday Files!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of fun and funny stuff here Katie! I sure wish I had HBO, I loved the book Big Little Lies...oh and btw, as cute as Reese is, I think she's too old to wear a bunny rabbit dress :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts