Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Friday Files


Hello, dear friends.  Welcome to the early edition of The Friday Files.  As I told you in my last post, I am off to enjoy an adventure with my #2 this weekend.

Here are some things that have crossed my radar this week. 






A celebrity chef just put her NYC pad on the market.  
You can take the tour here.

*****



A man's home is his castle. 
 This one is for sale.    
I get first dibs on the guest room.


*****






Can you guess the wealthiest zip code in your state?
The answer is here



*****





Are you making any of these design mistakes in your home?
I'm guilty of this one.   



*****





Who wouldn't want to introduce the original Mary Poppins to the little ones in their life?  This new show on Netflix looks darling.


*****





This new cookbook is getting lots of buzz in blogland.  Many of the recipes can be prepared in less than an hour which is important when you are madly in love.  It will be released on April 4th and would make a great engagement or shower gift.


*****




When my #1 was little, she only wanted to eat pink food.  If you asked her what she wanted for dinner, she would tell me "pink."  It's a shame that there weren't any pink veggies.  When I came across this Paula Deen Strawberry cake,  I couldn't help but think of my girl.  The recipe is categorized as easy.  Yeah, I've heard that before.


*****





Speaking of cakes... if you are in the throes of planning a wedding, here are the biggest trends in cakes.


*****






Is your book club looking for a challenge?
Here's a list of books that will meet your needs.


*****




Are you looking for a job or to advance in your career?  
Here is a list of five books recommended by recruiters to aid you in the process.



*****




I will probably finish up this novel on my trip.  No question about it, Slightly South of Simple is Kristy's best.  It is available for pre-order now and will be released on April 25th.  I will do a full review on this little gem of a page turner in mid-April.  Let me give you a hint... I love it. 


*****




I am about halfway done listening to The Widower's Wife.  So far, there has not been a dull moment.  Plenty of twists and turns.  But as I always say, a book can be ruined by its ending.  I'll keep you posted.


*****





Sista, I've got news for you and it's all bad.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I am the tall willowy one with the great legs on the left. 


*****




If you are looking for pure perfection in your peonies these tips will help.


*****




It was the Mister's turn to choose the movie last weekend.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that the Mister and I differ in taste when it comes to movies.  Not in this case.  The Sense of An Ending has it all - great acting talent as well as a razor sharp script.  The story has a twist at the end that I never saw coming.  You can watch the trailer here.


*****




Just in case you want to read the book before the movie.


*****




Amazon

My MIL gives us a subscription to Guideposts for Christmas every year.  Today, Robin Roberts interviewed Edward Grinnan, the Editor-in-Chief about his new book.   After seeing the segment, I had to order the book.



*****





In honor of National Puppy Day, I leave you with this clip from The Late Show.
If you like Stephen Colbert and rescue dogs, you'll love it. 
Hint:  the best part is at the end.



Until next time...




Charm Me With Peonies

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

16 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. Thank you for letting me know it was national puppy day. Lois Lane has been trying to tell me something all morning, and you helped decipher her yappity-yaps! Extra treats all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going back to check out those mansions! Looking forward to hearing about your trip and what you find for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I veered off to the side at least 4 times to look at your links and closed out of your blog every single time....really a blond day, I guess. LOL Love all your Files this Friday (even though it IS Thursday)....lol Have a fun getaway with the hubster. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving me plenty to do this weekend. Can't wait to get started exploring each of the links. I also sent the movie link to a girl friend in hopes one of us can remember we want to see it when it comes here. Enjoy your get away weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy National Puppy Day to your little rascals. Great round up for the week. I just started Slightly South of Simple and am loving it so far...shocker. I just enjoy her writing so much. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your weekend! I love houses and enjoyed the links to these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KATIE! Thank you for this PERFECT post! This is chocked full of interesting and fun items...from gorgeous homes, delicious foods, must read books and a must see movie! I LOVED IT ALL!!!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip and a great weekend! Enjoy Atlanta's weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to chuckle at the date night - reason for an one hour meal. All the more reason to have our homes in order!-Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips here Katie. Oh, I shouldn't have looked at the design mistakes, I think I've made them all! You and sister are such cuties. I don't want that date nite cookbook for date nite, I want to be treated out! I'll use the great recipes for evenings in. I want to read "Slightly South of Simple" so I look forward to your review. Enjoy Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that Ina is getting a bigger kitchen! I didn't think that one looked like "enough" for a wonderful chef! I'm going to order a couple of those books today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's Ina's house isn't it? I love her. Someone posted that on FB and I drooled.

    I'll have to read the article about the design mistakes. I don't see any mistake in that very cute kitchen. I wish mine was that organized and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful fun here Katie, I love your Friday Files, there is always so much to see and do! I'm off to pick out my room in the castle, and catch up on my reading! Have a great weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. The puppy adoption made my day. Who knew Brian Cranston and puppies was such a great combinatioin?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous time with your daughter! I love all of your book and movie suggestions! I cannot wait to check them out.

    Kristys books is FABULOUS! I agree it is her best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun fact: Kenilworth, the most expensive zip code in IL, just voted to finally, finally give up their misguided existence as a "dry" community. It may be a pricey place to live but, up until now, it sure hasn't been much fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts