
I hope that all is well in your world and you made some beautiful memories over the Summer.
The weather peeps reported that much of the country experienced Texas temps for much of the Summer. For that, you have my condolences. While some people are bidding adieu to their porch/patio season, we will finally be able to enjoy ours.
We began the Summer by spending some time in picturesque San Miguel. Lucy and her entourage, Adorable Jonathon's parents, twin brother, and our dear friends from Massachusetts, Annie and Bob, joined us.
We had a great time, and naturally, Lucy was our star attraction.
It was so great catching up with Annie and Bob.
We shared lots of old stories and laughs.
Our #2 and Darlin' Will were unable to join us in Mexico because #2 was traveling out of the country for work.
We have BIG news from the Land of Lucy. She is getting a promotion.
She will become a big sister in November.
Almost everyone is elated!
The jury is still out for Lucy.
As you can see, Millie is over the moon!
The expected date is Thanksgiving Day.
I could tell you his name, but then I'd have to kill you.
Lucy, her Mama, and Dada came to stay with us for a few days. Their house is being renovated.
We were in charge of entertainment while Lucy's Mama was working remotely in my office. AJ was the project manager at their house.
I dusted off the skill set that I utilized when I was a mother of toddlers, which worked perfectly.
My mantra:
Bribe! Bribe! Bribe!
And it worked like a charm.
This is an ice cream maker for Play-Doh.
Don't buy it - it is not user-friendly for toddlers.
While Grandpa was trying to get the thing to work, Lucy was tending to her babies.
I've got babies to feed.
Grandpa made up for it by using his own Ice Cream machine to make Lucy some "pink" ice cream.
It took some time convincing Lucy that this was real ice cream and not Play-Doh.
The crowd applauded!
Water sports were also included in Lucy's package.
This water table was a BIG hit.
Adorable Jonathon was so inspired by the workmen at their home, he decided to take a whirl at Lucy's new toolbox.
While the kit comes with over 20 parts, the sure winner was the drill.
Years ago, I put together a couple of Creative Memories albums when the girls were young. I don't think Lucy believed us when we told her that, once upon a time, her Mama was a little girl.
The Mister kept us well fed during the dog days of Summer.
In my never-ending search for the fountain of youth, I purchased one of these masks. Stay tuned for my Beauty Hits & Misses blog post.
Both products are neck-and-neck in terms of
which is least effective.
The Mister has become a pickleball maniac! When he's not on the court, he takes a walk with me.
As always, I am walking 20 paces behind him, as instructed.
I made a resolution to put more time into lifting weights. If shopping bags count, I exceeded my goal.
I was a polarizing figure on the pickleball court. I didn't win any many games, but that's only because I play with a bunch of cheaters.
The only reason I stick around is for the happy hours.
I read/listened to some great books.
I'm working on a post of my 4- and 5-star reviews and will publish it within the next couple of weeks.
Last but not least, Miss Lucy is going to school a couple of mornings a week!I think she has the Best Dressed Award in the bag!
No comments:
Post a Comment