Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Boy and his Toys


The Mister announced a couple of weeks ago that he ordered a new brass plate for the front door.  It arrived last week in a box the size of Georgia.

So Sunday morning he told me that he had to run to his 
home away from home, "the Depot."

ought oh... I know what that means...

Later, I found Tim the Tool Man the Mister working diligently on his new project. 


He feels the more noise he makes the more fun it is!





Busy, busy, busy...




Me:  "So what's this, Mister?"

Him:  "Oh, I needed a new tool chest."

Me:  "On wheels?  Are you going on the road?"

(I didn't want to tell him that his new rolling tool chest looks just like the ones they sell at Joann Fabrics for scrapbookers).





Me:  "Mister, did you get a new drill, TOOOOO?"

Him:  "Nah, I've had this one for awhile."

Me:  "How long?"

Him: "About 40 minutes."



Me:  "Mister, did all these doohickeys come with the drill?"

Him:  "Not exactly."




Me:  "Whoooaahh, Mister when did the Depot start selling socks?"


Him:  "They don't.  I got these at the running store and the guy told me that they last a lifetime."

Me:  "Who's Lifetime?"

My only consolation is those little bright Depot orange beauties are headed to my washer in less than 12 hours.  
Do you know what I call my washing machine?

The Bermuda Triangle 



Next time, it might be cheaper to hire a handyman.


Hope you have all the right tools to have a great day!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. LOL...sounds just like our house! It really is sad when we walk in Home Depot and the greeter says, "Oh, you don't need any help!" ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny - but at least it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my laughing out loud. TOO FUNNY. This cracks me up..I think you and Mr. Handyman needs your own show. Love it, thanks for a little humor to start my day.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO funny! My husband must be related.. he made a "home depot run" last week and came back with another one of those "toys" :) The socks are perfect. Your entry looks great and he did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, is he an impulse buyer or what?! laughing at the washer reference. :)

    at least your guy is handy!

    thanks for finding my place and leaving a comment! really appreciate it! keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Katie, such a cute story! Love it and your mister probably deserved his new toys. I need a good giggle after hearing aboutcurrent my health situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Crush couldn't figure out what key to use to unlock a closet door, so he unhinged the entire thing.....I wish I was making that up. MEN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I log on to your blog like every week. Your story-telling style is awesome,
    keep up the good work!
    carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts