Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Delightful Afternoon at Scituate Harbor

Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you all are enjoying your long weekend.  We have had a busy one, a couple of fun parties in the 'hood, some friends for dinner, and a fabulous Arts Fest.

We hosted a small dinner for some of the Mister's friends from work, and this was the menu.


For apps, he served tuna tartare, grilled peaches wrapped in pancetta, burrata with beefsteak tomato coulis and fresh basil and Naan.



The entree consisted of lamb chops with avocado tzatziki and pistachio gremolata,  grilled baby carrots, grape tomatoes and micro greens with extra virgin olive oil and grated lemon.

Sorry, no pics of the dessert.  
I was in too much of a hurry to inhale it.
If my camera had gotten in the way, I probably would have eaten that too! 
  

*****
    




The Mister knows how I feel about beautiful warm days.  I always want to go out to lunch on the water.  A couple of weeks ago we headed towards Scituate Harbor, which always guarantees great shopping and good food.



That day, the Mister was in the mood for a burger, so we ate at TK O'Malley's and enjoyed lunch waterside.  It was fun watching all the boats heading out for the first sail of the season.  




Scituate Harbor is a great place to stop on your way to the Cape.  It is 20 miles from Boston and about 35 miles from the Cape and well worth the trip.



I can never visit the Harbor without stopping into my favorite shop, Joye.  It is chock full of unique accessories and gifts at great prices.




I have noticed that these nautical bracelets are very popular around here.   They always look so great with a tan.  
But then again, what doesn't?



Lots of great bags in stock.  
I'm a sucker for navy and white, and as far as I'm concerned, a woman can never be too thin, too rich, or have too many totes.




My Mother used to tell my Sista and me to eat carrots for good eye sight.  I passed this pearl of wisdom on to my girls.

They listened to me with as much enthusiasm as I gave my Mother.  And it was usually topped with the almighty eye roll.  




These are really cute and a great size too.  



Great gift bags.










Lots of fun jewelry, too.


Scituate Harbor is a lovely place to spend an afternoon.  
If you are visiting the area, I highly recommend that you stop by.


*****







A heartfelt thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country.


Until next time...





Interesting story on military dogs right here.

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

20 comments:

  1. What a fun shop! Good grief, and lunch on the water. What could be better (except maybe to be married to a man who feeds you delicious food! Don't tell him I said that or it might go to his head, but that FOOD!) lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chuckling because I'm thinking you had to have your mr. write that's menu out for you to include here!! Man oh man...I'd love to pick his brain about cooking techniques!
    One day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day trips and dinner parties, sounds like a great idea!
    Love the tortoise band on the watches. '-)
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spied a few items in that store that I'd love to buy! What a fabulous dinner menu. So, what was dessert?? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gathering your guy can make more than grilled cheese. Incredible dinner menu! My invite must have gotten lost in the mail! ;-)

    I love harbor towns and outdoor dining. You had it both ways on your little trip. And this shop, I'd be swooning. I had to laugh about the blue and white tote you liked. I have a few purses that large. Sometimes I can cram so much in them it hurts to put the straps over my shoulder!!!

    Hope you are having a lovely holiday weekend, Katie!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rabbit eye glass case is too cute. I am a huge fan of navy and white as well...and totes...Looks like a fun day! Happy Memorial Day to you!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Katie and Happy Holiday Weekend!
    I want to live near the sea and shop at one of kind boutiques. Sometimes Texas is a little well, boring...
    I am a nut over bags too!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a menu!! I love to go out to lunch on the water too, and those rope bracelets are really cute~ Happy Memorial Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another delicious meal prepared your by your resident chef!
    The planters at the front of your drive look terrific and festive for the holiday!
    Enjoy the last day of the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Sis. Bert is drooling over the food pics. I told him he should reach out to your Mister and exchange recipes. B does a mean cooked-to-mush brussel sprout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Dinner looks divine! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love TK O'Malley's have eaten there with some of my favorite people, my siblings and of course you last summer. Looks like it was a beautiful day. Mister's meal looked scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little shop...right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you manage to only go to, talk to and shop for adorableness???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love a long weekend....especially ones with food involved?-Laurel Bledsoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a wonderful time and loads of fun. (I would have considered those appetizers a meal! Looks fabulous!) And it looks like you found the perfect shop. I think I might lose my marbles there. Or at least the better part of my wallet contents! Wonderful photos. Big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie, What a wonderful way to spend these glorious days. The dinner party menu sounds delicious and so does the burger out. I love my visits to the beach this time of year and I see you enjoy your waterfront visits. What a lovely spot to dine and shop. Love the totes and jewelry. Like you, I love navy and white! Enjoy the week and see you on the first.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, it looks like you spent a beautiful day out to lunch in that cute little town! Love the Mr.'s dinner although I will admit I am curious what did you eat for dessert.

    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - what a meal your Mister created!! Like you, I love the water....just told bad the weather declined after our lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun weekend you had and the food looks amazing! We are headed to Nantucket, Cape Cod,and Maine soon so maybe we will have time to stop in Scituate Harbor. It looks beautiful. I am so excited about our trip I don't even care that it is supposed to rain almost every day.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts