Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Designer of the Day: Amal Kapen



I hope that you had a wonderful weekend.  We had heavy storms on Saturday and blue skies on Sunday. 

Sunday was a great day.  We spent it with family, learning a new skill.  I can't wait to tell you all about it.  Swing back for Friday Files, and I'll give you the scoop.



I have been following Amal Kapen for a few years.  I am always happy when I see that she has posted a new photo on Instagram.  I love Amal's use of color and her eye for texture and pattern.

Specializing in "new traditional" design, Amal loves to mix antique and modern pieces together in a way that is stylishly accessible.  In 2023, Amal's work was featured in a front-page article by the Wall Street Journal as exemplifying the "grand millennial style" that has swept the design world.

Amal grew up as the child of an artist, and her informal education was steeped in the study of classical artists, the interplay and use of color in the composition of paintings.  These skills inform her well-developed sense of style which she uses to create up-to-the-minute playful and youthful looks to classic interiors for her clients.

Raised in Garden City, NY, Amal attended Amherst College and then Vanderbilt University Law School.  She later returned to school to study design.  After several years of honing her skills working on luxury projects in NYC, the Hamptons, and points South for interior designer Meg Braff, Amal opened her eponymous shop and design office.  The shop, now located in Cold Spring Harbor, NY, features vintage, antique, and new accessories, art, lighting, and furnishings.

Amal's projects have been featured in print and digital publications nationwide.

Currently, Amal is working on projects in Manhattan, the Gold Coast of Long Island, the Hamptons, and Florida.


I have posted this photo more than once on Insta because I love it so much.




If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know how much I appreciate a pop of orange. 




















This beautiful setting is Amal's patio.

Thank you so much for bringing your beauty and talent to Instagram, Amal, and for sharing it with us today.

You can follow Amal on Instagram @amalkapeninteriors and peruse her website, Amal Kapen Interiors

If you missed any of the past Designers of the Day, you can find them here.

Edith-Anne Duncan

Huff-Dewberry

Alcott Interiors

Kerri Pilchik

Whitney McGregor


If you need gift inspo for Mother's Day or graduation, click here and here.







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

7 comments:

  1. Amal's designs are impeccable! And her patio??? Hello, beautiful! Thank you for sharing her with us!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely one of the best.
    ETS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bookmarked it, Looking forward to read new articles. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best website I have seen in a long time thank you so much,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re so cool! So wonderful to discover a unique thoughts. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such a fantastic blog. This is kind of info written in a perfect way.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts