Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Designer of the Day

 



I hope this post finds you well.  We have been blessed with some gorgeous Spring weather lately.  I wish it was like this all year round.


Friday, we headed to Dallas to bring Chowdah back to our #2.  We then went to Northpark for some shopping and lunch.

 

We are attending a black tie wedding of the daughter of one of my dear tennis buds in mid-May.  I thought about wearing my MOB dress, but unfortunately, the humidity in my closet shrunk my dress.


I had ordered so many dresses online to no avail.  We then stopped at the sister store in the mall, where I got my MOB dress.  The Mister pointed to a dress hanging on a hook and declared that's it!  My new dress was hanging on the hook, just waiting for me!  And the best yet - it fit me like a glove.  The only thing I have to do is find a tailor to take three feet off the length.



Here I am celebrating with a double diet Coke.  By the way, I ended up buying this jacket, and I'm so glad I did.  The color is gorgeous, and unlike many of the clothes out today, it is very well made.




Our #2 joined us at Terra, where we had a delicious lunch. 
 



Recently, I began this series to honor my favorite designers.  Anyone who follows me on Instagram knows that I have a thing for a gorgeous design. 

The photo at the top of the page stopped me in my tracks.  The fireplace mantel is a show-stopper.  I immediately began following Alcott Interiors.


Carolyn Kendall founded Alcott Interiors in 1995.  The upscale design firm is located in Nashville.  Carolyn't attention to detail is apparent in every one of her projects.  She has an experienced team of professionals that share Carolyn's work ethic and design expertise.

Carolyn owns Alcott Interior Shoppe in the Hillsboro Village neighborhood of Nashville.     

Grab a cup of joe and enjoy the eye candy.
















Give Alcott Interiors a follow on Insta.  

You can view Carolyn's website right here.


Stop by and read previous Designers of the Day:  Edith-Anne Duncan and Huff-Dewberry Inc.



Linking up with:




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

24 comments:

  1. That jacket looks fabulous on you! Can't wait to see that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that AT blazer on you- gosh I wish it was cooler here so I could layer up comfortably. Hope to see the dress you're planning to wear to the wedding!
    The interiors you shared are drool worthy, wow!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that interior designers work. Oh the wallpaper!💖.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for telling me about the Closet Humidity Factor...Now I know why so many things don't fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now I know why my summer clothes don't fit. Love this designer. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the name of the store did you find a dress for the upcoming g wedding? How about that gorgeous blazer, where from as well ? Please favor me with a reply, as your taste is admired. BTW do I get status being a dear pal if KTG?? Hope so, and also hope you checked out the Mackenzie Child sunglasses I recently recommended to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any friend of KTG's is a friend of mine. I did check the MC glasses out and love them! The only problem is that I have to wear prescription. I got my dress at Carolina Herrera. They do not carry many dresses in their shops, but I got lucky twice in a row. Give KTG a big hug for me.

      Delete
  7. I love your new pretty red jacket. You do look great in red! Please share wedding pics of your dress. I will be the MOB at my only daughter's July 1st wedding and it is also black tie. I have my dress and I think it was made for a woman 7'4". Oh well, that's what great alteration seamstresses are for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Katie! LOOOVE the jacket - it reminds me of my pink one you liked! AND I can't wait to see the dress!!! MUST post it. The wedding guest dress struggle is real.
    I am DYING over this designer's work. I may post too sometime soon - will send them here...❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma and I were at Terra for lunch Saturday! I’m loving the blog. Welcome back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerri! I’m a faithful follower of Melinda’s too. So great to see your comment!

      Delete
    2. Hi Kerri and Dee!! Soo wonderful to hear from you two! I have so many great memories of our old tennis days! Kerri - love to darling Emma.

      Delete
  10. Always a fun visit, Katie! Beautiful designs shared!! My closet has had that humidity problem too! LOL I'm down 12 pounds now so hopefully the humidity is getting better!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to wear my MOB dress from 6 years ago. It also shrank 2 sizes! How does this happen!? Can’t wait to see the new dress. Please post a picture. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will post a pic when I get the dress get back from alterations. I would post the one on her site but the 5'10 model weighing 100 pounds looks dowdy. Have a great week!

      Delete
  12. You look great in color! Your MOB dress was gorgeous so it is too bad that you can’t wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am back on WW so I have high hopes. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  13. You look stunning in that blazer. Beautiful shade of red. WHERE did you get the blouse? I wear lots of blazers and that blouse with popped collar is perfection. Was hoping you would wear that gorgeous MOTB gown but am anxious to see what you wore instead. Must be another 'WOW' dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn! Thank you for your kind words. The blouse is from J Jill from a couple of years ago. They used to have great crisp white blouses but not so much any more. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  14. Okay I have no idea why the dress in your closet didn’t fit? You look skinnier than ever!! Be sure and take pictures at the wedding so we can see the new one! Homes you posted have me sighing…..Your Ft. worth friend, Janey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where is Northpark? Okay what is the sister store? OMG I am going to share my story on the Weekend Edit, but I may be in a panic position for a MOB backup dress. I finished Lessons in Chemistry for book club. Did you read it?
    Happy Day it is chilly and breezy. laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Blog and your Blog Friends List!! Please bring it back! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful home and I love the decor. I’m still working on decorating my home.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts