Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 14, 2023

The Friday Files

 




Did you have a good week?  I had a busy one, so it seemed to fly by.  On Tuesday, I had a catch-up lunch with some old friends, which is always fun.  The weather was gorgeous all week, so we sat on the restaurant's patio.



Wednesday was my first pickleball lesson.  I am taking a clinic with some old tennis buddies.  It started off with a bang!  I arrived at the tennis shop and was greeted by a woman carrying a clipboard.  She asked me, "Are you with the High School team?"  I looked behind me and realized she was, indeed, talking to moi.  I gave her the biggest smile I've ever given anyone and gushed for about 90 seconds about how flattered I was by her words.  She finally interrupted me with, "I meant the parent of the kid." I took a deep breath, recovered what was left of my smile and pride, and began searching for my friends.


Sidenote:  when I told this story to the Mister, my girls, and any other living thing that would listen to me, I chose to leave out the woman's retort.  I'll take a compliment any way I can get it.


Btw... I loved Pickleball!  I never thought I would because exercise is not included in my favorite things list. 


I discovered that Pickleball is a metaphor for my life:

Stay out of the kitchen!



On Thursday, I met one of my favorite readers for lunch.  Dana has been reading my blog for a few years.  She moved to Dallas at about the same time as I moved back.  We have been corresponding for a few years.  She has had such an exciting life, and it was a delight to meet her finally in person.


Yesterday, the Mister and I sent out a free lunch alert to the family. Our #2 was the only taker because #1 and AJ have to work. So we are dropping off Chowdah and picking up #2, and headed to the mall.  I will catch up on some sales while the Mister sits on a bench scrolling his phone.  







This Connecticut coastal home has all the right vibes.












Take a look at this stunning NYC pad.








This magnificent Florida home features my favorite color palette.






What number are you in your family?  This article discusses how birth order may influence your personality.

By the way, I am the perfect firstborn.






If you love to travel, this item is right up your alley.  Click here to read about 100 of the best hotels in the world.





Here are five of the best sites to get airline deals.






I've always wondered about this.





This flight attendant gives valuable travel tips.

She suggests leaving a shoe in the hotel safe.

Here is the reason why.





See Rhode Island through Swifty's eyes.







Is someone in your family graduating from college?

 TED speakers give their best advice.





Here are 10 iconic moments from celebrity commencement speeches.




Do you have a recurring dream?  My dream usually centers around me losing something, i.e., my wallet, purse, suitcase, etc.  Experts tell us what they mean right here










Here is a list of 45 entertaining documentaries on Netflix.





Another blessing, thanks to being retired.







If you enjoyed Shrinking, you will love the behind-the-scenes scoop.








I do.  The most surprising point in this item is that dogs don't see images on TV like we do.  At times, Chowdah becomes enraptured with TV, especially when Real Housewives is on.
















My favorite stock-up sale has begun!





























Great for under jackets.







Lots of colors are available in the linen pants.



Flash sale on blazers.
Several colors.

Ditto!


30% off Lilly!








Who knew J Crew sold tablecloths?




Several colors.











Huge Open Box sales at Lamps Plus.




Big sale going on over at Birch Lane.



Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

30 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Betsy Yurisich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a perfect firstborn, Katie. :) Now I’m headed over to see what my recurring dreams mean and also to check out that documentary list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join you for lunch. Please keep us updated on Pickleball. I love that you are playing. Always keeping up with the latest trends. The recurring dreams article basically tells me I am neurotic. Have a great weekend, Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulously entertaining and educational outing Katie! I love your posts! 😊THANKS! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a middle child and the jury is still out on whether I fit the mold or not. I have seen wine at Target called Middle Sister and that seems a better fit, lol. You are such an entertaining writer Katie, I so enjoy reading each and every word!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to hear more about pickleball. It seems like everyone I know is playing it around here. have a wonderful weekend! Tanya - txtanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just placed a Lilly order this morning because of their 30% off sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best friend "taught" me to leave a television on when I leave, now ALL TV's are on. She has/had some great safety tips as she used to travel a lot on her job and her husband worked out of town for 2 weeks, home 2 weeks. One tip was put baby powder down in front of an entry door, if someone comes in they leave a footprint. Don't leave the powder out where it can be seen in case they want to cover up their evidence. She has a lot of travel tips as well, courtesy of her husband, especially if she was traveling alone and in a hotel. They involved pacing out steps to the nearest elevator in case of fire, things like that. Well now that I've written a novel on safety tips, the short answer is yes, I do leave my TV on when out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why this shows up as anonymous but I'm Judy from Gracious Southern Living (we've been on line friends from blogging and IG)

      Delete
  9. Great post Katie! Wow, you are so lucky to have been able to move back to a place with so many friends already waiting for you! Sounds like a fun day! Since I cannot find a way to replace my picture and ID I am Charlene Greyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky, Charlene. Isn't technology fun? I would rather have a tooth pulled than have another "update" on my computer, iphone, etc. Hope that you can get blogger straightened out.

      Delete
  10. I love your blog and have to say you are my favorite. I always laugh at something you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure I was on your blog roll or not . . .but would love to be :-). First of all, I have to tell you that I have now ordered three dresses from Tuckernuck and I love them. I think you shared some items recently, right? I've given you credit whether you did or not :-). Also, I'm the one whose house burned in July after a lightning strike. We are rebuilding and two of my new light fixtures are in your post today which made me incredibly happy that what I've ordered is IN STYLE plus I like both a lot!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa... yes I do remember the fire. Thank God you are okay. So glad that you loved the Tuckernuck dresses. I think they have such stunning dresses and tops. Glad to hear you are rebuilding and picking out some beautiful things. Thanks for your note.

      Delete
  12. I’m on it, matter of fact I wouldn’t miss it,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a perfect first-born, as well!! :) Thanks for all the fun again this Friday. Lovely rooms, beautiful clothing, and some fun ideas to explore. Have a blessed weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, happy Friday! It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy with Pickleball. I do not play but it seems as if everyone I know does.
    I love all of these houses, gorgeous!!!! And all of the links. I have purchased several things I did not know I needed from your friday links! Thank you for sharing.
    I would love to be on your blog roll again. https://pineconesandacorns.com
    Thank you, Elizabeth Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I, too, am a perfect firstborn! Have ordered things I love that Katie recommended, and love the book lists and the home tours, along with the family pictures. Really enjoy this blog!!! Deborah Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am the youngest in the family.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! You and the Mister 'shop' the way my husband and I do: I spend the money while he finds a place to sit and wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Katie! Please keep me on your blogroll --- I cannot find a wordpress plugin that does the same thing! Your blog is one of my top reffers! I ordered that navy jacket from Chicos you had last week! Pickleball. I am afraid it will mess up my limited tennis skills, but I have heard the opposite! You are going to love it and you need a pickleball wardrobe! xo laura in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I would be thrilled if someone thought I had a high school daughter! ha! xo laura

      Delete
  19. The Pickleball sounds like a lot of fun.
    Those houses are stunning, I especially like the NYC one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I, too, am the perfect first born! I am also supposed to try pickle ball but haven't been overly excited about it....we'll see. I think I was on your blog roll? Nana Diana Takes A Break....sigh and I need a break soon before I break something! Love the fashions and Lily P is one of my favorites. When I was on vacation with my girls I approached a lady and asked if she as a friend of Lily's....we had the same dress on. lol. Have a great weekend. We have snow coming--isn't that just wonderful?! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Friday files on Sunday, thanks to a sinus/respiratory infection.....
    I don't fit the youngest child profile at all (other than risk-taking, which has slowed with age - or wisdom, not sure). Love the tours, great travel advice on the shoe (but use the shower cap when you put it in there, of course). Enjoy pickleball.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was on your blog roll, I always appreciated the traffic that came from here! Have fun with pickle ball I need to get playing more regularly. I want every single clothing outfit you have shared!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry for delay in posting - but LOVE that you led your blog with Pickleball, and even happier that you liked it! It really is one fun sport...keep playing, blogging and sharing the good life :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts