Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 21, 2023

The Friday Files

 




How was your week?  All is well here.  This was beauty week for me - I got my roots and nails done, so all is well in my part of the world.  



I attended my weekly pickleball clinic.  We have about ten women - 7 barely middle-aged such as myself, and three high schoolers.  Ok, I take that back. The high schoolers are actually women in their late 20's.  It's not their fault that they're young and pretty. 





We are all shapes and sizes, but we have one goal in mind: to develop a damn desirable dink.  We all have our own style.  And we are all motivated by different things.  Some of the ladies would like to work on their strokes, while others are more interested in learning about strategy.  And then there is that lone pickler thinking about what cute accessories she can buy in the pro shop.  She will remain nameless. 

 

Our biggest dilemma of the day was learning the dinkin' scoring system.  It had to have been developed by a man.  A few caught on quickly, and the others eventually got the gist.  There was one holdout who decided that she would let her partner be in charge of the score.  She has chosen to remain nameless.  

We are blessed with an incredibly talented and patient coach, Melissa.  She is a fantastic instructor and never gets rattled by answering the same dinkin' question for the five hundredth time.  She clearly loves the sport and encourages us on every dink along the way. 

My pals will accuse me of sucking up to the teacher.
You bet your sweet dinkie, I am.



I thought you all would like to see me in action.
Sorry, I look so out of shape.






This gorgeous Dallas home was designed by Mary Beth Wagner.








Check out this designer's home in Nashville.











This Hobe Sound home is a standout.






If you enjoy baking, you will love this article on 45 Cupcake Ideas
Btw... the above photo is a Cadbury Cream cupcake.
Be still my heart.






Here is a list of 15 Smoothie recipes if you want to pay for your cupcake sins.




This lady claims that this Tzatziki recipe is the best of the best.





If you are traveling this Summer, check out this customer service index before you book.





You can find some travel deals right here.






This essay explains how this darling guy, Beau, has given his owner courage.






I have wondered about this.




She's back!

Marcia!  Marcia!  Marcia!

Although Marcia has few lines, she manages to convey a thousand words through her facial expressions.





We watched two episodes last night.
I predict it will be a big hit.


This premieres tonight.


 
I enjoyed the first season of this quirky comedy, and I look forward to the second premiering on Sunday.



We're going to start this miniseries this weekend.

I loved the book.



Starts on Wednesday






This is one of my favorite people to follow on Instagram. Keith McNally, who owns many restaurants, Balthazar being one of them.  He publishes the restaurant's MOD report, which is always entertaining.  It includes stars that were guests the previous evening and some crazy stories behind the scenes.  Warning: he can be off-color at times.  You can follow Keith McNally here.





This author wrote Wild Game, which was great.

This one is fiction and a positively delicious read.

It comes out this Summer.


I am listening and enjoying this one. 




My next listen.
I am counting the minutes.















The cut of this blouse is so flattering.






















































The Sephora Sale is still on until the 24th!






A big sale is going on over at The Container Store.






Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop, this is one phenomenal Friday files! Of course I want every single clothing piece but also looking GOOD IN ACTION! Oh I need help with my dink and my PB, I never share it cause I am not good…yet, lol. Happy weekend love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making Tzatziki once and it was sooo good...worth the little bit of effort. I had not heard of Saint X and I'm intrigued. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to watching the Diplomat on my day off. Too bad Ben, Noel, and Javier aren’t starring with her in the Diplomat. Enjoy your weekend! m in hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so entertaining Katie! I think the player who shall remain nameless is my kinda athlete!!!
    Always love your show recs, we are almost through with season 2 of Your Honor. My goodness I love it!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love hearing about your pickleball adventures! Now if I could only get down as low as the beauty in the top photo! 🤣 Thanks for the gorgeous houses, books, info, and shopping inspiration. I've been wondering about those glasses too, so off to read about them next. Hope you have a lovely weekend - Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved todays read!!! Have you been to one of those mammoth Chicken n Pickle places yet? They are so fun and do great events also! The San Antonio location is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your athletic prowess---looking determined in that shot. Haha. I always like your book recommendations and am looking forward to the shows as well.
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're cracking me up. Love the green blouse. Some of those shows look intense!! ~Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the Pickle Ball giggles, Katie, and for all the beautiful things to go look at and wish for! Always fun and appreciated. Have a beautiful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post! Love that you are playing pickle ball. Have never tried it but will enjoy hearing about your progress. Also would like to know what kind of vitamins you take to have the energy to do all that you do! Some people are just born that way, I have a friend who’s own daughter thinks she will outlive her! Lol! Thanks for keeping us up to date on all of the tv shows and when they start. There is so much content these days I can hardly keep up. Also the book reviews and suggestions are great! I so enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene! I'm glad you are not commenting under Anonymous anymore. Technology is a never-ending struggle for me. Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  11. Hi Katie. I look forward to your blogs I love your sarcasm! You give the best book and show recommendations! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maryjane for your sweet words. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  12. Pickle Ball is definitely the new rage! I want to read the Audrey Hepburn book~ Have a great weekend Katie!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you "dinking responsibly" Katie!! Happy playing, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Blog! So entertaining and love your Blog Friends List Looking forward to it being available
    again! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries... I am working on it. Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete

J. Crew

Recent Posts