Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 28, 2023

Mothers Day Gift Guide - Take 1

 





I hope you had a good week.  Ours was a rather soggy one.  Lots of rain but it didn't bother us because we just planted flowers.  My pickleball clinic was canceled, so I had some extra time to work on some posts.



I celebrated a birthday this week.  I am not going to tell you which one.  But I will tell you that I share my day with one of my faves, Carol Burnett.  I will also tell you that the Mister hit it out of the ballpark with his gift this year.  But you have to read through this post before I tell you what it is.


No cheaters!


There will be a test at the end.


This is the first installment of my Mother's Day Gift Guide,  otherwise known as stuff I like or wish I had.  Another post is headed your way next week.


For the workout Mom, or one like me that wants to look like she does.




I bought this bag and love it.
The second best thing about pickleball is buying cute stuff.
The first best thing?
Spending time with my buds.


Lulu

Perfect for the yoga Mom who doesn't know where to put her keys.








Does Mom sit at a desk all day?
How about this under-the-desk peddler?
On Sale!



For the Mom who has a big heart but sore muscles.




















Too much time on the computer?
You will have her covered.








Carpal tunnel or arthritis?






Does Mom like to play games?




Lots of colors and on sale!


Then show Mom this video.




For the Mom who can't stop dreaming about pickleball.












My very favorite skin line.
And don't forget the miracle neck serum!





My girls swear by this hair mask.


 


My #1 and favorite son-in-law gave us some beautiful towels from this company a few years ago.  They still feel and look brand new.





Lots of hype on these masks!





Again, the girls love this mask.




Take it from me... these brushes are great.






Another gift from my girls.  I use these pads before I apply my moisturizer.  My foundation goes on much smoother. 


Buy one get one free!





For the Mom who likes to read and/or watch TV in bed.




These luxurious sheets could be a couple's gift - Mother's Day and Father's Day.
Two for the price of one!




My buddy, KTG, gave me a pair of beautiful Susan Shaw pearl earrings a couple of years ago.  I've been a fan ever since.





Did I mention they have a buy one get one 50% off promo?



Safety first!
It's on sale too!


Unless you want to be Mom's least favorite child, don't give her one of these.







The Mister has taken his stellar gift-giving skills to a whole different level.  He has always given me wonderful, thoughtful gifts, but he outdid himself this year.

The Mister had a song written about Preppy Empty Nester.  
It is so sweet.
I've always wanted a theme song!
It's got a good beat and easy to dance to!



         Listen Here


* The first line of the song references my first blog post.




Too bad American Bandstand wasn't still around.  

I'm pretty confident that it would have made it into the Top Ten!






Yin & Yang


Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

21 comments:

  1. That song - it is the best and the absolute sweetest!!! I'd say The Mister has outdone himself!! Happy Birthday dear Katie!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Perfect!!! It's a hit..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Happy Birthday Katie! You have brought so many giggles and smiles to my face over the years. This song is absolutely great. Did the Mister write the lyrics? What a thoughtful gift.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    Happy Birthday!!!
    🎈🌷🎈🎂🎈🎂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! Happy birthday for earlier in the week.
    What great gift ideas! I would love one of those neck heaters, I didn't even know they existed until now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, dear Katie! 🎈Love the song written just for you! ❤️Dell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hau’oli La Hanau
    (Happy birthday in Hawaiian)
    Thank you for all the giggles & smiles. Always look forward to your blog posts. m in hi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday 🎂 to you, Katie! Now, what did you have for your birthday dinner? Asking for a friend. 😉 Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful thoughtful gift, you’re a lucky girl. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  10. How incredibly sweet of Mister PEN. And I love that bathrobe. I wondered where I would find my replacement when my 2nd Victoria Secret cotton robe wore out (and it'll be soon). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, the Mister gets the top prize!!! That was just too cute and so sweet. I've just ordered the shoulder/neck heating pad. Lordy, wish I had it now. I had neck surgery yesterday and I've been using a regular heating pad and my microwave shoulder wrap all day. I'm doing well but of course, some discomfort and this will really help. Happy belated birthday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! And in a couple of weeks, you'll celebrate Mother's Day. Great gift ideas, thank you.
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, that is quite a gift! Happy Birthday Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday New Friend! Cheers ~ Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Props to the Mister for the great theme song. Great birthday wishes to you, Mrs. Katie !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! What a fun birthday gift for the girl who has her favorite mister and #D1 and D2! love it! xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Katie-love your Blog and Love your Blog Friends Waiting for you to Please bring it back
    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼Love the blog, lots of giggles and Mister wins for the record!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where has Dr. Dennis Gross been all my life?! Just ordered my pads. Been using Laneige lip mask for years and it does the job. The Mister won’t have to worry about you not renewing his contract on your anniversary this year or for the next ten! Would not be surprised to see the Mister’s song make the top ten on iTunes next week. He’s a keeper. KTG



    ReplyDelete
  20. PS My beautiful linen top from Faherty has arrived and I 💗💗💗it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I got chills listening to the Mister’s song. It brought tears to my eyes…Anything connected to the Preppy Empty Nester is an A+ in my book. LOVE this blog!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts