Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 7, 2023

The Friday Files

 



How was your week?  Mine was pretty good.  The one exception was showing up a day early for my hair appointment.  I have two calendars - one on paper and one on my phone, and I still screwed it up.  I played it cool, though, and told her my personal assistant was still in training.



As attentive as Miss Millie is, she really needs to be more detail-oriented.  


Today I will spend a good part of the day going up and down the stairs.  I am changing out my winter clothes for my lighter ones.  They better not have shrunk like last year!  Many people worry about moths - my nemesis is closet shrinkage.

 Are you hosting thiS weekend?  We are going to have a quiet Easter.  Our newlyweds are in NYC, so my #2 and Chowdah will be our only guests.








Click here to see the rest of Thom Filicia's heavenly lake house.















Take a look at this dreamy Historic Block Island home.
 




















This oceanfront home is for sale in Westerly, Rhode Island.  Sure, it needs some work, but you can't beat the view.





Guess what is coming back to Broadway?

It has one of the most beautiful musical scores.






Can you identify the most annoying habits of fellow travelers?






Is a cruise in your future?  Here are 13 things you should do beforehand.





You'll never guess who sent me this article about a couple who have changed their diet to one offered at a fast food restaurant.





What do Oprah and Mindy have in common?  
They love turkey burgers.  
Click here for the recipe.







Calling all the Single Ladies...






If you can't find a show to watch, check out the 2023 best shows so far.





Have you seen The Night Agent?  The girls loved it, and the Mister watched it behind my back.  It's lucky I'm not sensitive.





Somebody Somewhere is back for a second season at the end of April.






Are you thinking of putting your house on the market?
You might want to do this first.




I have been corresponding with Jenny, who has been a reader of my blog since the beginning of time.  She wrote me a note recently that she had some pieces reupholstered, and I asked her to send me pics.  Jenny's beautiful home is in Davidson, NC. She was nice enough to let me share them with you.




 

Jennifer was my inspo for my navy/white club chairs.



Thanks so much, Jenny!  It is absolutely stunning!  If you would like to see Jenny's Christmas tour that she did for my blog, click here.





Do you follow Mary Orton on Instagram?  Sista turned me on to her.  She is an absolute hoot!  In one of her stories, she teaches her darling little girls colors by using her designer shoes.  Love her wit and sarcasm.  You can find her here.



 Whether you will be celebrating Easter or Passover, I wish you a wonderful weekend.





Jenny's furbaby, Sully























One-day dress event going on today!!
$44.00 dresses


































I waited for this to come on sale, so I took the plunge.
I hope the color is as pretty as it looks in the photos.




A few sizes left.


Let me introduce you to my latest obsession.
The minute this goes on sale, this beauty will be mine.













Miraclesuit!

































Ulta is having its Spring Haul Sale.




























MacKenzie-Childs has a huge sale going on.





I've heard from several of you that you love your Boll & Branch sheets.  Good news... they are having a 20% off sitewide sale!

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Enjoy your day with #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see Sully. My kids are Davidson Wildcats and he is a campus celebrity. I love reading your blog. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie. Happy Easter to you! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh how fun that you have Davidson Wildcats who know Sully!! He LOVES his visits to beautiful Davidson College… so many wonderful kiddos! Sully’s human brother is also a Davidson Wildcat… we loved it so much we moved here when he was a junior!! ❤️🖤 Jenny

      Delete
  3. Katie! It won’t be Easter without the famous story about you and Sista! I laugh every time I read it!
    Happy Easter!
    Nancy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Mary Orton recommendation. I followed her immediately. And I love anything Aaron Sorkin does. Happy Easter, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fridays with you are always enjoyable, Happy Easter Katie!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny has such a fabulous home!! I just spent a few hours yesterday morning packing away my thickest winter gear and pulling out some of my more spring-like clothes. I still have a few bins of lighter summer weight stuff that I can't wait to add to my closet but I know it's still too soon to do that here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! I can't wait to dive into these house links. Jenny's reupholstering looks fabulous for that Lake Norman area! The Last of Us.....great show, but I cheated and read a spoiler for next season. It's not good, if they follow the game on which it's based, js.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter. Happy Passover.
    Regarding flight travel habits

    I’m a flight attendant and I’ll report right now the single most in air complaint I get is media noise from a fellow passenger not using ear buds etc.
    noise pollution from cell phone conversations, movies, music
    It’s gotten to where we make announcements concerning using personal media w/o ear buds. Pax get pretty fired up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie - It's Gray. This time it wanted to know the name of my Blogger blog. I will just stay anonymous.
    I love Mary, but just went down a rabbit hole and watched her last 398,573,892 posts. Don't you love that home on Block Island?? We have a place up there and I've been stalking it for the last few years...
    And thanks for the 20% off B&B heads up! I bought a set of sheets - loved them and am now needing more.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh... the purses. Always a fun and interesting visit, Katie. Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday Katie and a very Happy Easter to you and your family! Enjoy your daughter. Love all of these houses! I have one for you to check out, https://robbreport.com/shelter/celebrity-homes/susie-hilfiger-selling-denbigh-farm-1234824278/. It is an amazing place! Off to check out the rest of the links. Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have A Blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happiest Easter Katie!! What a fun post … so many great ideas for spring!!🌸🌳 Thanks for you sweet words about the refresh!! Hugs to you!💕 xo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts