Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Mother's Day Gift Guide/Take 2

 








Sorry, I am posting this later than usual, but I just arrived home from the Met Ball.  My formalwear was on the hot and scratchy side, but I think I made a statement.  Although I did hear a few catty comments.  Not to worry, I didn't wear it all night. 




After midnight I changed into my Cool Whip formalwear.
Yes folks, another statement was made.

I hope you had a good weekend.  I had a delightful one celebrating my birthday.  



Friday, Miss Deb treated me to a delicious lunch at Il Bracco.



And yes, before you ask, we split an olive oil sundae.




On Sunday, we celebrated at Bistro 31.  I posted a photo on Insta, and I got several inquiries about my new jacket, which, btw, is on sale.  My girls, otherwise known as my harshest critics, even complimented me on it. 

 

 Just like their Dad, my girls are thoughtful gift-givers.  They each gave me a Mom/Daughter Day.  My #1 is taking me to the Swiss Avenue House Tour and lunch.  And my #2 is treating me to a facial and lunch.  




First up, for the entertaining Mom.





These are at a great price.
I'm going to order some for happy hours on the patio.










Great price on this too!





My #1 gave me a robe from this company a couple of years ago, and I save it for travel.

 It's easy to pack, and I will look stunning in case there is a fire drill.





Is Mom looking for a new hobby?



How about a custom paint-by-number?



For the Mom with a green thumb.














Cute idea.










Is your mom a monogram mom?





I am wearing these earrings in the bday lunch photo.
They are two-in-one.  You can wear the hoops alone or take it up a notch with the pearl charm.





So pretty!




60% off!
Mom will be so proud that you are such a smart shopper!








I have this purse and love it.











For a Mom like me, who can never find her glasses.



My buddy, Jeanne told me about this charger that is the size of a credit card.






Want to keep Mom safe?




Is Mom suffering from allergies?
There is a big sale on this air purifier.




These cookbooks were just released.



Does Mom need to spice up her life?




For the traveling Mom.



On sale!













Compression packing cubes.



  
About six years ago, my #2 bought this two-for-one travel set for me, and I love it.  There is plenty of room for all my miracle creams, etc.




I have the large size of this jewelry case.
There are two compartments so my necklaces are tangle free.



25% Sitewide Sale at Tocca.






For the Mom who is never at a loss for words.




She may deny it, but you know who is Mom's favorite family member.  




Why not crash the party?
Your siblings will be so jealous when they see a portrait of you and her favorite over the mantel.

More Mother's Day gift inspiration can be found here.





Linking up with:


Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie! You look lovely in your new jacket! I am sure that you will have a wonderful time on your days out with your girls. Love all of your Mother's Day gifts ideas!
    Have a great day!
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE FINDS! Great gift ideas MKat! xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff! I love that Pamela Munson tote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got two really great birthday gifts from your girls! Wow! You also always show us so many beautiful things to dream about!! BTW... I love your jacket too!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday and Early Mother’s Day greetings. Where did you get the fabulous scalloped jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Talbot's Outlet in Hingham, Mass. about 5 years ago. It is my favorite outlet in the whole world - great merch and stellar staff!

      Delete
  6. I hope that the birthday celebration was wonderful and much joy for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy (belated) birthday! I love the picture with your girls. I have a friend that did paint by number during covid 2020 and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun birthday! Love your jacket and the earrings. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Katie. I absolutely love the red jacket with the scallops down the front. Please share where you found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got it at Talbot's Outlet in Hingham, Mass. about 5 years ago.

      Delete
  10. Belated Happy Birthday! Thoughtful gifts from your daughters - I miss the days when my son was single and he would plan a special day for us for my birthday and Mother's Day. Nice gift ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Kate! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I just purchased 2 of the compression packing cubes for my MIL and SIL. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my buddies told me about them and she loved them. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  12. Hi, I love your blog! Happy belated birthday!

    I do miss the "Blog Friends" section. I followed many of those persons, but can't locate them now that they no longer appear on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries.... that is my first item on my summer vacation list. I started it a number of times but something always comes up to take care of. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  13. That birthday jacket is fabulous - just like you! Print Fresh is the best - I am crazy about their fun prints. Such sweet and thoughtful gifts from your girls - they know exactly what you like! Happy birthday Katie, keep celebrating!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  14. You’re a vision in your Ann Taylor jacket and sadly for me it’s sold out.
    Love seeing #1 & #2, enjoy your mother/daughter gifts! KTG

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts