Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 5, 2023

The Friday Files







I hope that you had a good week.  The Mister was out of town, so things were a bit more relaxed around here.  Millie and I enjoyed a jammie day, dishes were not immediately tossed into the dishwasher, and the bed went unmade just in case we decided to take a nap.




After last week's Pickleball clinic being canceled due to rain, we all came back with vim and vigor.  Some were sporting pretty new skirts, and a few, like me, held a shiny new paddle, which led to my first hiccup.  Coach Melissa had us do a drill without our paddles.  When we went back to retrieve them, I realized that I had no idea what mine looked like.  So I casually walked over and sipped on my drink until there was only one sad little paddle left.


How could I forget?  It was blue to match my eyes and had my nickname printed on it as clear as day... Wide Body.

One more thing, at our last class I dinked with Coach Melissa.  Well, I guess I may have been too hard on her because this week she showed up with a knee brace.
 













Designer Jackie Lanham performed her magic on this magnificent home on the shores of Lake Michigan.












Take a look at this lovely lake house on Lake Burton.




 









See more of this gorgeous estate in the Bahamas designed by Amanda Lindroth.












This is a great article about how a socialite's London home became a US Ambassador's residence.





Are you traveling outside the country this Summer?
If you are planning on driving you might consider this item on obtaining an International Driver's License





The Mister and I love cruises.  If you are considering a cruise, here is a list of the most popular cruise lines and what they have to offer you.








Designer Summer Thornton took this Lake Michigan Inn to a whole new level.











How long does it really take to develop a gym habit?








As if you haven't heard enough royal talk, here is a tidbit on Queen Elizabeth's coronation.






I literally laughed out loud when I read this article.






If you are a fan of Elin Hilderbrand, here is her touring schedule.





The Mister and I binged this show last weekend.  It has an interesting premise, and it had us in stitches.






We had new cushions made for the patio.  The Mister found KraftCushions on Etsy.  They were made in India, and Joel was our contact.  He was so professional and sent us progress shots along the way.  
We were delighted with the outcome.  The cushions came vacuumed-packed, were beautifully made, and fit perfectly. The process took about 5 weeks. And the best part... the shipping was free.

If you are looking for some Mother's Day Inspo, you can find it here and here.





























































































Of course, I ordered this shirt.





I ordered a couple of these shrugs in different colors.
I freeze in restaurants with the A/C.
















I wish I looked good in yellow.






I've waited for this baby to go on sale and today is my lucky day!
 

Linked up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

8 comments:

  1. What, Elin Hilderbrand is not coming to Bailey CO! I'm such a fan! I'm currently reading Barefoot.
    Love your new cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cushions are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is hilarious that you forgot what your new paddle looked like (that sounds like something I would do!). I'm going to have to add Elin's stop in Mystic to my bucket list; that is close enough for a little day trip for me. Though do you know what the colors listed under each bookstore/shop is all about? The new cushions are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to hear what your favorite cruise lines / destinations are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny about your paddle; with your nickname on it too! LOL!
    Love the beautiful homes. Dreaming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to visit you Katie, love all the cute clothes! Have a great weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for recommending Jury Duty! James Marsdon is so funny, I first fell in love with him in Dead To Me and now I’m loving him in JD. And oh did I mention gorgeous?! Your cushions and pillows sing to me it’s summertime ~ so pretty! KTG

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those beautiful interiors and your witty commentary - oh how I LOVE your posts Katie!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts