Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, May 19, 2023

The Friday Files





Did you have a good week?   I had a delightful lunch with a dear friend that lives in the 'hood.  We hadn't seen each other for months, so we had a lot of fun catching up.




I attended a pickleball makeup class.  We had a different coach. My favorite coach, Melissa, was instructing a foursome of ladies in pink skirts who looked like they had just walked out of their fourth pilates class of the day.  My new coach proudly wore a t-shirt with the words Pickleball World Tour.  I love a humble coach.  My fellow picklers were a group of Moms who had kids in elementary school. 
Needless to say, we all had a lot in common.

I did learn something from that class.  Pickleball is a lot more enjoyable with good friends, a fun coach, and knowing that there is a delicious catch-up lunch afterward.

This weekend the Mister and I will be attending a black-tie wedding in Fort Worth.  The MOB is an old tennis buddy of mine. I'll fill you in on the scoop on Tuesday.





This stunning Florida home was designed by Doniphan Moore.

"It's Florida, but not too Florida."









Take a peek into an Elle Decor Editor's home here.








This Long Island antique home was designed by Emily Sturgess.









Once married to his Uptown Girl, this legendary singer just listed his waterfront mansion for a cool 49 mill.  By the way, the taxes are 625k.








Take a look at Jackie Onassis's childhood Hampton estate.






Our #1 and Adorable Jonathon are leaving for Europe today.
This is an interesting item on how Americans are viewed abroad.
I am trusting our #1 and AJ to take America's reputation up a notch.






Take a guess what the most unpopular holiday is in America's restaurant industry and why.






Here's one more good thing about pickleball.









This is a rundown of the stores that have the most liberal return policies.







This is a fun article on how some advertising slogans came to be.







Have you ever thought did I really just say that?
For me, only about 50 times a day.







A friend recommended this show, and the Mister and I are eating it up!
No pun intended.



Believe it or not, our #1, a non-golfer married to another non-golfer, recommended Full Swing , a golf documentary, to us.  She has never steered us wrong - it is a fun show.  The players are the real stars, and the game of golf is just a backdrop.


Here are a few shows that we are looking forward to watching this Summer.








This is a movie coming out in the theaters.










































Vineyard Vines is having a big sale.



Extra 50% off on sale items!


Great for under a jacket.
























Linking up with:









 







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Bear and am happy to see season 2 is coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me wanting to play pickleball! Have a super weekend Katie!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. No golfers here, but we loved full swing! Netflix also has a similar documentary series about tennis players that is equally as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pickleball... my across the street neighbor hurt her back and has been told to not play pickleball again. I'm not even going to start! Some of those wallpapers in those lovely homes are just a little too busy for my taste. Great clothes. Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a golfer but if #1 recommends Full Swing I'm in! Every nursery you post takes me back to the sweetest, dreamiest time of my life, keep them coming! KTG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun stuff as always Katie! Have a great weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed the home tours. Hope AJ & #1 have a wonderful time in Europe. I need to find a pickle ball class. m in hi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay- lost my comment AGAIN! Sometimes I get so caught up in your links that I forget to come back. lol. Looking at all that wallpaper reminds me of all the inch-by-inch scraping I did over the early years of our marriage rehabbing homes. What a mess. Today's wallpapers are peel-able! Love the links and always check out the shows you are watching. Have a wonderful upcoming week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, their colleagues, nice paragraph and nice arguments commented here, I am really enjoying by these.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts