Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Designer of the Day

 




Did you have a good weekend?  Ours was fairly busy.  We woke up to rain on Sunday, which made me jump for joy.  

 

I met my old tennis buddy, Madonna, for lunch.  Who says you can't go home again?  We picked up right where we left off nine years ago.  She is such a character and never fails to make me laugh.



On Saturday, we headed to Dallas to check out #1 and Adorable Jonathon's sweet love nest.  We took them out to lunch at R&D Kitchen, a favorite of my #1's.  Our absent member, #2, was vacationing with the rich and famous in Palm Springs.
I couldn't be happier that my family is settled in one state.



Today, I am beginning a new series.  While on sabbatical this Summer, I spent some time posting my favorite design photos on Instagram.  Before I knew it, I was addicted.  I used to spend hours on Pinterest drooling over design photos.  Now, Instagram has stolen my heart.

When I decided to begin this series, there was no question in my mind about who would be my first Designer of the Day. 





The one and only
I have been following Edith-Anne for a few years.  Whenever she posts a photo of a new project, I think there is no way she could top her last project, but she does.

I even have the Mister following Edith-Anne.  When she posts a new photo, the Mister says... your girlfriend just posted another pretty photo.  And I know exactly who he is talking about.

Who cares if she's only my imaginary friend?

Edith-Anne, who lives in Virginia, describes her home as a laboratory where she can experiment.  Here are some photos of her breathtaking home.  You can see lots more on the EAD website and Instagram.



Be still my heart...these magnificent doors!



Edith-Anne describes her style as sophisticated/casual.



I love how EAD uses such bold colors and mixes patterns.



I'm a sucker for a hidden door.
Fun Fact: did you know that they are called jib doors?




Wowza... a place to store her silver.
And I'm sure it is a tarnish-free zone.



I never met a check that I didn't like!



Can you believe that this is her home office?




What a gorgeous room.

For the rest of the house, check out the EAD website.
The master bedroom and kitchen are to die for!


Here is a glance at some of Edith-Anne's projects.



One of Edith-Anne's signature touches includes ceilings with personality.




This photo was on the cover of Southern Home magazine.



An added bonus:
Every once in a while, Edith Anne asks her followers to leave questions for her on her Instagram feed.  She then has a Coffee and Chat video and answers all the questions.

Another bonus:
EAD has the cutest clothes.



One more thing...

Every month Edith-Anne posts a "must-have," which is always a great idea.  
I found a talented artist through her.

Thanks for joining me today.  
Check out Edith-Anne's Instagram and website.
Tell her that her BFF, Katie sent you.






EAD's furbabies give a whole new meaning to the term "lucky dog."


Linking up with:

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

29 comments:

  1. Wow! I see why you love her! I adore her style and her use of color. So much inspiration!
    Cheers!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d forgotten about Edith-Anne. Great to be introduced to this talented designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She has gorgeous style: I love the use of color!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie G here, EAD has fabulous taste! I do love the blues and greens and the wallpaper! I am green with envy at that home office. I love the sharing of your favorite designers. I have much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie... everyone loved your book post!! I knew you would love EAD's style - both decor and fashion. Happy early bday, I will call you on the big day.

      Delete
  5. Thanks to you, EAD has a new Instagram follower. I understand why you adore her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she will be pleased. Hope all is well with you Maggie! xx

      Delete
  6. WOWOWOWOW! EAD is amazing! Thank you for introducing us to "your girlfriend". I cannot wait to explore more of her beautiful work.
    Love seeing your with your #1 and SIL.
    Have a wonderful week Katie!
    Elizabeth@pineconesandacorns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for the introduction - I'm hopping over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a new “friend” in me! I just started following her - AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepare yourself for some serious eye candy! Thank you for reading my blog and I wish you a wonderful week.

      Delete
  9. WOW! Love her mix of colors, esp that orange and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am completely unfamiliar with the world of home decor and design, so this was an interesting read for me! Love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. following her now! thanks for the inspo! laura Everyday Edits

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Katie, it's okay that EAD is only your imaginary friend. You and I are imaginary friends and we get along great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea and a great place to start!! Looking forward to more inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the works! Have a wonderful week and thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

      Delete
  14. I love all these bright, beautiful rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve been following EAD on IG for over a year now and I love her bold and happy colors and patterns. What I wouldn’t give to see her home IRL. I love when she does an IG live event and answers questions. Always informative. Thanks for another great post, Katie, I’m so glad my addiction is the same as your addiction! And I’m so happy for you that #1 and #2 are living relatively close to you. Looking forward to seeing them in more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Susan. If EAD ever had an open house I would be first in line. Not to worry, I'll save room for you!

      Delete
  16. That is the stuff my dreams are made of!! Thanks, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Katie, her house is amazing! I LOVE her use of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, I have always been a fan of color! I love EAD’s use of color and pattern, totally brilliant! I love that you are sharing beautiful rooms and spaces on your IG!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning home! I noticed the ceilings right away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to tell you this but you now have a rival you Edith Anne’s affections. And I don’t play nice. 😉 Seriously, I’m in love. 💙 xo Anonymous Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  21. THAT BLUE VELVET SWING DOOR?GOING INTO ANOTHER ROOM?I NEED MORE PHOTOS OF THAT..........DO YOU THINK SHE WILL ANSWER ME HERE?
    LA CONTESSA

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember that cover photo but have never followed the designer. I will now. I am so glad she is your girlfriend. lol. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts