Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, October 28, 2022

The Friday Files





I hope you had a good week!  All is well here.  I am happy to say that the construction part of our kitchen reno is done.  I am having the bar chairs reupholstered, and I am hoping they will be finished before Thanksgiving.  I am planning the big kitchen reveal then.

We are expecting a chilly, rainy day today.  The Mister is at the grocery store right now.  We have been eating a lot of takeout lately while the kitchen was in reno mode.  I'm hoping for a soup night while sitting around a roaring fire, watching Doc Martin.
Reach for the stars, Katie!









I love everything about this beautiful Connecticut home.
To see more, click here.









Take a gander at this gorgeous remodel in Colorado.








You can find more of this magnificent French chateau-style home right here.







Check out this light and bright house in Palm Beach









Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a church?  Nope, me either.

But this one looks pretty cool. 




First and foremost, Sista & Co. will be in Rosemary Beach doing a book signing for Gobble on November 5th.

If you're in the area, stop by and tell her Katie sent you, and she said to give you a free book.






Are you familiar with tapping therapy?
Here's the scoop.





Have you been hacked?
Never fear; Katie's here.






Want to get upgraded in a hotel?
Here are eight tips.












My Buddy, and favorite reader,  Annie, sent me this site and said it would be a great feature for Friday Files.
She was right.







Here are twenty-five ingredient suggestions that will take your chocolate chip cookies up a notch.





Is anybody watching The Watcher?
Here is the true story behind it.








I really loved the book, and we are thoroughly enjoying this series.


Speaking of books, this was my Amazon First pick.
I just finished it and highly recommend it.
It's coming out on November 1st.







Did you like The White Lotus last season?
It's coming back, and here is the trailer.




My favorite doctor is back, and the show has not lost its charm.
Here's the trailer.




 
Here is the inside scoop on my buddy, Flo.





Due to our kitchen reno, we have been washing our dishes in the laundry room.  Just want to tell you this spray dish detergent is the best.











I ordered two of these.



















I have this light sweatshirt in every color.
This one is new, so I had to order this one.
Love the plaid.


















These pants look like they would be very flattering.
Or maybe she's just skinny.








I knew fair isle sweaters would come back in style!








30% off today



30% off today

















I put these on my Christmas list.
The ones that I wear are over ten years old.
The Mister calls them a health hazard.
I call them comfy.




















Sorry if I look fat in this picture.

Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

15 comments:

  1. I’ve been on the fence about watching The Watcher but the cast is so great and I’ve heard the sets and wardrobe are great. I think I’ll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is my absolute favorite! I love it so much I have gone back and started reading posts from when you first started blogging! I am now on 2014! You have such a gift for writing! I miss reading Millie and Chowdah stories! Does that mean they are not getting into any mischief that is newsworthy??
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words. I think you deserve an award for reading all my posts. As you will see, I've had good and not-so-good writing days. Save the not-so-good for night time - the will put you to sleep. I will start including some Millie and Chow stories. Millie keeps bugging me about writing her own post called "Being Adopted by Old People." Catchy title.

      Delete
  3. From Scratch. Loved this book so much. I hope we hear again from Mrs Locke , fantastic writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday Katie! I love your sweet doggie ghost! I just signed up for Amazon First, thank you! I will start reading Well Behaved Wives this weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have left so many bookmarks and things in our books.. but our librarians always set it aside with a note that it's mine and they get returned to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing your kitchen reno although I thought it looked great when you bought the house.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Scratch!Now there is a book I read and Loved!!I could relate to it so much!
    White Lotus couldnot get into it until I found out my buddys Granddaughter took a year off from Stanford Covid time to work with her Godfather in Hawaii on it as he wrote it and Directed etc etc!
    I love the Star Jennifer Coolidge snd a lot of her clothing came from my gal down South!Another Jennafer Grace!!Who sells to Chateau Bel Age!Are you following?!!
    The sex parts were FAKE!I have been told !A Prothesis…..
    As for my friend she will be in Season Two with a Festivity Crown and a Contessa Caftan on‼️Bit part but Still‼️
    The Ballroom scene Can you guess Who that might be?

    You one and only Contessa
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Doc Martin and am watching the new season! Love it! I just finished The Watcher. One of the creepiest things I've seen in a long time. I will check out the true story when I post this. Thanks for the link! The house tours are always over-the-top amazing and I'm sure your kitchen is as well! Looking forward to the reveal!! Always a fun visit, Katie! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, I cannot get enough of your posts. I swear you get me with the beautiful home tours to the point where I am ready to call a real estate agent. Then comes the books and shows and then you have picked out such great clothing and accessories. I am clicking on EVERYTHING - you are dangerous for me!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  10. You find the most fun stuff! And I am so elated for the return of Doc Martin -- Love that series and all the people in it! We will have to binge it, I think! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girlfriend! I just ordered the Gobble book from your sidebar. Happy Day! laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kept my LLBean Fair Isle sweaters from college. They are still in beautiful condition. I need to give them to someone they fit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie G here, can't wait to see the kitchen update. I will give The White Lotus another try. Loving from Scratch.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts