Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 19, 2024

The Friday Files

 






I hope that you had a good week. I'm sure you are exhausted today from staying up late like Millie, eagerly awaiting Taylor's music to drop.


Millie and I were flying solo this week while the Mister was in balmy New Hampshire visiting family.  We had a great time and nicknamed the week Mom & Millie's Sorority House.  




Periodically, we would send sloppy house pics to the Mister. He got so irritated it made his teeth itch. 

We thought they were a lot funnier than he did. 



I perused my Creative Memories albums for pics of the girls at Lucy's age.  Btw... the top pic of #1 cradling #2 pretty much captivated what was to come... their teenage years.



While I was reminiscing and getting misty-eyed over old photos, Millie was keeping watch for her Dad, who was not due until this afternoon.  

The biomedical cleanup team will be here any minute to get rid of the evidence of our wild week.







Take a tour of this stunning San Francisco townhouse designed by Allison Caccoma.








Take a tour of designer Charlotte Barnes' lovely Connecticut home.





Ashley Whittaker is one of my favorite designers.  
Here is a tour of her charming home in Millbrook, NY.












Do you have any extra cash hanging around? 

This handsome mansion is going up for auction next month.






There is some good news for my fellow readers.






I thought this was a great article on small talk.
My takeaway: Be interested, not interesting.






Are you traveling this Summer?

Here's a list of the 20 Best Hotels in North America according to Fodor's.





Are you a fan of Mediterranean food?  The Mister and I love it.  Here are 15 Mouthwatering Mediterranean recipes.






Are you traveling this Summer?
Here are some tips on getting a hotel room upgrade.





Has anyone watched this?
I remember that I enjoyed the first one.



I'm looking forward to watching this.



We enjoyed the first season and look forward to the second.



We have never watched this one.

Any fans out there?


If you need gift inspo for Mother's Day or graduation, click here and here.




















Chico's has a BOGO 50% off promo 













I ordered this in same color.


It comes in coral and green, too.


I bought this shirt in pink and blue.
FYI... I button a couple more buttons.


Sale on Sale!








I love this moisturizer/self-tanner with no icky smell.










Great reviews & great price!





Great price!!

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the many links to many interesting sites. And thanks for your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do watch Sister Boniface and enjoy it. For some reason my husband does not! I have Ripley on my list to try. Always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a good laugh at the dirty dishes in the sink and the unmade bed…You are so funny. I have watched the new Mr. Ripley. Hubby did not stay with it saying that nothing was happening and too slow. I stuck with it and got hooked! It has an artsy feel about it and reminded me of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller. Loved the ending…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say how much I enjoy your humor. Thanks for always having a fun blog to read and I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made men laugh with the unmade bed and dirty dishes in the sink photos! Creative Memories, what a blast from the past. I used to do CM when my triplet boys were very young. Gave away a King’s ransom of scrap booking supplies when we moved from NJ back to Texas last fall.
    Melissa B now in Frisco

    ReplyDelete
  6. That;s funny about sending your hubby the messy pictures! Hope he gets home safely and y'all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally laughed out loud about the messy pictures you sent your hubby. I could see my husband doing this to me when I go off without him (which tends to happen two or three times a year); he’s s a complete slob and I’m certifiably crazy about keeping my kitchen and living areas clean and clutter free. Also, I’ve been getting your blog posts for maybe a couple of years now (maybe slightly longer, my 67 year old brain!), and absolutely love it…..I finally(!) now know both of your daughters actual names….., apparently, like my twin, you are are a fan of names that start with M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you LOVE soloing it once in a while? I can schlep around until at least 7:30 am when Mr.Scruffy demands his "I gotta go potty and you can't go out looking like that" walk.

    For some reason, none of the links in the main body of your post would open for me-I got that dreaded little square sad face. Tried it for the reading link first and then tried two others with the same result. Just thought I would let you know- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts