Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, April 5, 2024

The Friday Files

 



I hope that you had a good week. The weather has been picture-perfect.  My two favorite seasons in Texas are Spring and Fall.


I am happy to report that Computergate has concluded.  My weapon of choice is now a product from Dell.  It is off to a good start.  It arrived within 24 hours.

If you are in the market for a new computer and deciding between an HP and some other guy, pick the other guy. It's not so much the product, but the customer service is a disaster.  



Lucy is beginning to smile!
Btw... The onesie is from one of my favorite stores. 



The new parents put tummy time to good use with flash cards. 

She looks like a much better student than her maternal grandmother.













This gorgeous home blurs the lines between designer and DIY.









Take a stroll through this magnificent Lake Michigan home.







I agree with every one of them.






Waze or Google Maps?
Here is one opinion.









This one is for you, Foodies...
Here is a list of the Top 20 Restaurants in the US.







Here are 13 of the largest houses in the world and their lavish designs.






Do you dream a lot?  

And yes, just in case you are wondering, that is the Mister and me taking a snooze.






This is my dear friend, Mary. She is my style icon. She has worked at Sara Campbell in Wellesley, Mass for a couple of years. If you need some fashion advice, or looking for the perfect dress for a special occasion, stop by SC and ask for Mary.  
Tell her Katie sent you. 
She'll give you 0% off!









I was first virtually introduced to Kelly Pelfrey by my interior design icon, Edith-Anne Duncan. They collaborated on a beautiful Christmas scene with Santa and Edith-Anne's personal Christmas decorations.  Edith-Anne sent it to me as a gift, and I cherish it.

Stop over to Kelly's website or Instagram @kellypelfreyart to see all of her beautiful paintings. She is also taking reservations for custom work for June.





Trailer

I love this show!


Trailer

We are watching this too.


Trailer

Love this too!


Trailer

On our watch list.



Trailer

This is on our must-see list for this weekend!

 















These arrived this week.  I ordered them in petite and they fit beautifully. 



I also bought these on sale and they fit like a glove!

















If you are a size 6 or 8 you're in luck.



50% off everything at Ann Taylor!





I have this sweater in blue and I'm going to order the white today.















No Tummy pants!











Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch We Were the Lucky Ones. I'm glad you got your computer woes fixed! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a Dell fan for more than 30 years. Glad your computergate is solved. Little Lucy is adorbs. Looking forward to touring the houses. Have a great weekend. Btw, we had a week from hell. Getting over RSV, a migraine, amd then a derecho on Tuesday knocked power out for nearly 3 days (some are still without), and now it's flooding in parts of our state. And three funerals. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog continues to be my absolute favorite!! You are such a gifted, entertaining writer who never fails to enlighten me and make me laugh! I have a new granddaughter that is just a few days younger than Lucy so I love all of your baby girl ideas as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words. Enjoy that granddaughter of yours!

      Delete
  4. My firs time here and I will be back! Have a great weekend, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Welcome! Petticoat Junction was one of my favorite shows!

      Delete
  5. Definitely going to check out RFP! Thanks for sharing about the shows & adorable Lucy. m in hi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, m, for leaving such sweet comments. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. I am glad you have your computer sorted. I have a HP laptop but I don't think I have had to ring customer service. Eek!
    Aww! Lucy is just adorable and those houses are just stunning!
    I am planning on watching Scoop over the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim... I am sure my HP experience is a rare one. We watched Scoop and loved it!

      Delete
  7. Very simple—I love your blog just wish you were my neighbor I would be ringing your doorbell often🥰🙏🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the best articles! I’m so glad you got your computer situation solved. And sweet Lucy! Love to see her!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts