Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Royal Pain in the Hodgepodge




Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you are having a good week.  Due to all the rain, everything looks so green around here.  I was a little worried that we were going to skip Spring this year and hop right into Summer.   

Tonight, I'm off to Book Club.  I always look forward to catching up with the lovely ladies.  The book up for discussion is The Great Alone.  Have you read it?


If it's Wednesday, it's time for Hodgepodge.





1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?



The Polo Bar in NYC always has superior service and treats every patron like a celebrity.



They also have the best bar snacks in the world. 




2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?


My latest royal pain task occurred a few days ago when I again tried to comfort this crazy girl during a thunderstorm.


Remember this scene?
Btw... thank you for all the helpful comments.  We do own a thunder shirt.  Chili is no fan.  Every time I attempt to put it on her I come close to losing a finger.   


I've had about ten dogs in my lifetime.  
Eight of them reacted to storms the same way as Chowdah. 



3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? 



Real Age


One of my greatest strengths is that I know how to relax.
Especially when people are running their tails off around me.
Ask the Mister.



How have your faults hindered you?

flickr

Faults?
What faults?




4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?




I would love to turn back time about 20 years to a day back when we lived in Florida and the girls were ages 4 and 6.  They were great ages.  The girls were out of diapers, knew the difference between right and wrong, and never sassed their Mama.




5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? 




I sure do.
My buddy, Kate the Great is coming for the weekend.

We'll probably hit all the single bars in Beantown like the good ol' days.

Or...

We'll have the Mister cook for us, play tunes from the '70's, give each other makeovers, have a dance contest, and be in bed by nine.  


Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? 


We decorate the outside of the house with flags in tribute.



Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? 



I visited the Arlington National Cemetery when I was very young which was about was about 15 years ago.



Does your town do anything special to mark the day?


They have a parade.




6.  Insert your own random thought here.





Naturally, the bride received all the attention at the Royal Wedding last weekend.  I would like to tip my fascinator to Princess Kate who got her pre-pregnancy figure back in the blink of an eye and never fails to look stunning.

By the way... I'm still waiting for my figure to come back and it's been 25 years.


Until next time...







Do you think that she's trying to tell me something?
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

31 comments:

  1. I also admire Duchess Kate! She looked lovely, God Bless her! And It's been 40 years since my last baby, and I'm a wreck. I joined Weight Watchers this week and we will see if I can get into Royal Shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Kate do that? I still have a pre pregnancy figure and it's NOTHING like hers! And oh, sweet Charlotte, mistress of the royal wave. She cracks me up! We have book club tonight too and loving that you get to have a great friend weekend. Those are the best. Hope it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is my favorite! I think her style is always on point. Also I need her trainer. And I'm pretty sure her self-discipline too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duchess Kate did look gorgeous and Princess Charlotte was so stinky cute!
    My figure does its own thing!ha
    Enjoy your weekend with Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I am waiting for my figure to come back and its been 35 years!! lol Kate does look amazing. Happy Memorial Day. We are off to Georgia to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate is so gorgeous...so true and that Charlotte. Adorable.
    I loved your choice of remote going back to that age. I enjoyed those years for my kids as well. You were able to go do things. Lots of good memories at that age.
    Your back door with the balls is the same as the underneath my living room couch. Lemony, the Golden stores her balls there. I have to move it regularly to dig them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Aussie has the same reaction to the thunder jacket!Have a great holiday weekend Katie. laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh such a regal hodgepodge! Ha ha, Mr. cook and in bed by 9, that’d be my jam. We put flags out too but will be getting outta dodge and into the Windy City but since wind is not my friend so I hope it’s not windy. Oh how I miss those young sweet ages! Your girls...so precious! You have a ball you pretty ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! - praying for sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4-6 years old really is a great age. I'm off now to relive those years through the albums I made for Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our own sweet lab mix, Sadie, was terribly afraid of storms (and small children) during her lifetime. When ever either thing was present she took herself downstairs to the finished basement, find a nice spot on the rug and curl up and sleep. I guess she couldn't hear the storm down there and was able to relax. Same thing on July 4th, when fireworks go off!

    Hope you find something to help poor Chili!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a pit-mix who is terrified of storms. When she's really scared she jumps in the bathtub. The terriers we've had haven't been, which is weird.
    Have a fabulous time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your answers...specifically #3...HAHA! the picture of your girls is adorable and I agree that sometimes it would be nice to go back and visit those days. Enjoy your weekend with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a special weekend with Kate. My sister is in town, so I'm looking forward to some sister time. I agree about Princess Kate, she always looks perfect for any occasion. Katie, Kate the Great, and Princess Kate ~ great Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you think she's wearing some royal Spanx under that dress? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katie, I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend. Having the Mr. cook is a great idea, as is the dance off and the bed by 9:00, sounds like my kind of weekend.

    So sorry about your pup, its hard when they are afraid and trying to destroy the house at the same time.

    I hope that you have a fabulous Memorial day weekend and some great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kate is pretty amazing! She always looks beautiful and together. I always enjoy reading your HP answers and thanks for the giggles here and there! Have fun with your friend this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your plans for Memorial Day sound like a lot of fun. I may have to get a makeover and do some dancing too! Yes, Kate looked fabulous. This was a very fun post! Made me wonder what I would answer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will be happy when Kate is off maternity leave...I miss seeing her smile at all their royal appearances! Albie is the same way during a storm. He will run around barking insanely. If I can get him to lay on the bed with me, I can usually get him to settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Our Memorial Parkway is decorated in flags for the weekend. Have fun with Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two "great" Kates: Your friend and the Princess. Enjoy the long holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you have a fun weekend in store, whatever you choose to do! It's supposed to rain here all weekend, yuk!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have a fantastic long weekend! Our Scottie is the same way with thunderstorms. In fact, she woke me at 3:30 am last weekend to watch the royal wedding with her when there was a faint sound of thunder way off in the distance. Visited Arlington National many years ago and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was so moving. We decorate our street with flags too.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love to read your blog - it never fails to entertain me!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think Chowdah knows he's a dog, he's too cute! Kate is stunning and yes, that pre-pregnancy figure is unbelievable. Wonder if she was wearing a corset? :o) You never fail to entertain!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know how to relax! Man I’m terrible at that, I really need to lean this skill. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Always entertaining, Katie! I hope your weekend has been fabulous and Duchess Kate is always stunning! Happy Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great plans for this weekend. I'm glad you value relaxing, as do I. Still dreaming about the dreamy wedding and agree with you about lovely Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think Chili wants tennis lessons. Those bar snacks look amazing, where is the Chardonnay?

    I love your photo's of the girls. so darling.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Katie, your Hodgepodge always leaves me laughing. Those thunderstorms use to do in my little terrier too.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts