Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, February 11, 2022

A Pop of Red

 


Hello, dear friends.  Are you happy that it's Friday?  It was a good week around our nest.  I had a catch-up lunch with an old buddy, and I also enjoyed lunch with some new friends.

The most challenging part of going out to eat is deciding on the restaurant.  We have so many wonderful ones in town.  My new friends chose Hugs Cafe for lunch.  It is dedicated to providing meaningful training and competitively-paid employment for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.  It is darling, and the staff is sweet and friendly.





Today's post pays homage to the color red in honor of Valentine's Day or Valentime's Day, as my girls used to call it.  I personally love to see it in home decor.   I used it in my last Texas home as well as our Massachusetts home. 

 So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy the eye candy which is brought to you by the color red.


Pinterest


JRL Interiors



Phillip Interiors



French Gentleman



Albert Hadley


Decordesignreview


AMC Interiors



milesredd


bgdltd


decor pad







Apartment Therapy



Color Therapy


Birr Castle


Anthony Baratta


Charlotte Moss






Ballard Design


decor pad






Pinterest



bhg.com





Last but not least, my personal favorite color of red.


Until next time...



























30% off Electrics sale!



















I put this rug in our guest room.
Good quality/reasonable price.

























Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. I love red in decor. Our livingroom has red walls and wooden book cases. I also have pops of red in the kitchen (a deeper, darker, red, oxblood maybe). -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color red in home decorating. We are in Michigan and live with the white stuff outside for up to 5 months some winters. When we built our present home, I had our living room painted a beautiful dark red with large white trim and built-ins and off white furniture. I needed the warmth that color gave the room. I loved it, but changed several years ago, because the room faced south with large windows and had started to fade. Red paint pigments fade faster then others. Our large lower level family room is still a burnt red and feels so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red in decor! When I was a young teenager, our parents bought twin beds for my bedroom. The headboard was shaped like a pagoda (not really but the curvy lines) and they were red. They were so cute. I saw one once in an antique shop and wish I had bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post Katie! Happy Valentine's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is just the best color!! Thanks for the lovely examples of red in home decor. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red decor is so dramatic. Our Master bedroom has red furnishings. Happy Valentine's. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love adding red into my decorating and you have offered some amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie,
    Some of these rooms are amazing
    . Some of these rooms are favorites of mine. Red and blue just look fabulous.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red looks awful on me and I shy away from it ... but red I decor. Yes, please ... after drooling over these photos for the umpteenth pass thru I've decided my house needs to be redecorated immediately in RED. Happy day-after Valentine's Day!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts