Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Hodgepodge Full of My Favorite Things

 



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that you are having a good week.  Today,  Millie is headed to camp, and I have a lunch date, so all is well in my world.

Today, I am linking up with my friend, Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond for some hard-hitting questions on her Hodgepodge series.


1.  Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart?


The Hail Mary.

I have certainly said plenty for these two.

During their teenage years, I had to up my prayer game to Novenas.



2.  Something recently that had you tickled pink?



My new wreaths!

And I even made the bows thanks to Laura from Everyday Edits, who introduced me to her muse.



3.  How do you define the word romantic, and are you one? 



All I can say is that the Mister is one lucky fella.


4.  Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue...





5. Five little things you are loving right now?


I love this cream for three reasons:  it is a rich moisturizer, has Vitamin C, and has an SPF.  I use it every morning. 




I use this self-tanner spray mist on my face and turkey neck on the days that I don't wear foundation.
It doesn't make my skin orange - it gives a natural glow.




Great primer and reasonable price.






Millie and I used to look like we were part of the World Wrestling Foundation when I put her harness on.  She fought me every step of the way.  Then I found this one, and I can put it on in seconds.

 




Big bang for your buck.

Not your run-of-the-mill cheapo readers.



6.  Insert your own random thought here. 



A couple of weeks ago, I received a lovely note from a reader named Julie.  She asked me to mention the Amazon Smile program to you, which donates money to your favorite charity every time you make a purchase.  My charity is an animal rescue group.

So if you want to show some love to your favorite charity this Valentine's Day, sign up for the program and give someone a smile.


Until next time...







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

19 comments:

  1. Some of your answers got a good chuckle out of me. Happy hodgepodge to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the reading glasses...I'm always looking for good ones. And YES to the dishwasher poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreaths are so pretty; the daughters even more so. (And you can tell they are yours -- dead ringers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreaths! And your rhyme : ) I am the designated dishwasher loader. Hubs has given up and just piles all the dishes in the middle of the dishwasher because he knows I'll fix it. (aka-do it the right way lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Great job on the bows and thank you for the shoutout! I watched her video maybe 57 times the first time i made a bow. I am moving onto her bow #2 shortly.

    Thank you! xo xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you can make a video! Take a close up for another post! xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've ordered lots of things when you recommend them! Does the self-tanner spray mist have any scent at all? So far, the only tan product I've been able to use is the tan towellettes and would love something like the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already using Amazon Smile! Doesn't change anything like pricing, but contributes to your cause. Proud to say that I am giving to Planned Parenthood in Texas. Take THAT Gov. Abbott! We didn't burn bras for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to attack another state's Governor, especially when you do not live here. Particularly on a very friendly non-political forum, which quite honestly has kept many of us who follow Katie sane throughout these past two years. Keep the politics out of this beautiful escape, I say. xo
      Sherry

      Delete
  9. Your girls are beautiful 0 and your wreaths look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The museum where I used to work gets my "smile" money and has for years. It is a great program! Katie, I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers and the links you gave us to check out!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And we all hope Mister knows how lucky he is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that your Amazon Smile goes to animal rescue! That's a beautiful picture of your girls too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Between you and Amazon my purchasing is so easy! Hoping the pore cream works well for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost spit out my vodka when I read that you put that bronzer on your turkey neck and I immediately decided that's for me too! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My charity is our local library! It's almost always cut from town funding...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tips and making a visit to Sephora tomorrow and finding that harness for our pup! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always make me laugh my friend! How I love your wreaths! I was just telling Mr. Nine I’m so mad we did not do front double doors, I think we’re gonna have to build again just so I can get front double doors and double wreaths! LOL

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts