Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, January 28, 2022

The Friday Files

 


Hello, dear friends.  TGIF!  I hope that you had a good week.  I know that a lot of snow is expected in many parts of the country.  My heart goes out to you if you are in the storm's path.

I'm running behind today because my mouse went on the fritz yesterday.  Lucky for me, my tech team, otherwise known as The Mister, was able to save the day when he got home from work.











Click here to take the full tour of this quintessential Maine cottage.







This gorgeous Designer's home is a mixture of antiques and modern art.






















Take a gander at this 1873 mansion for sale in Macon, Georgia.












Do you need some low-carb dinner recipes?
They're right here.






Someone's in the kitchen with Dolly!



This article struck a chord with me.  Years ago, the Mister called the restaurant, The Black Goose Grill in Darien, CT, where we had our first date and requested a menu.  He had it framed and gave it to me for our 15th wedding anniversary. 

Let me hear a collective awwwwww!





Here are some organization shortcuts if you're short on time.





This is for my buddy, Laura of Everyday Edits, and everyone else who has kids in or coming to the Big D.  Here is a list of good, clean, fun experiences in Dallas.







Are you looking to get away for Spring Break?

Here is a list of Airbnbs in the best ski towns.





Here's a guide for late-in-life individuals who are looking to up their dating game.






Have you been watching The Gilded Age?

It is soooo good!





Here is a list of the filming locations.






If you have been spending an inordinate amount of time in front of the TV due to weather conditions or Omicron, never fear.  Here is a list of the great shows on Amazon Prime.  If you haven't seen The Americans or Fleabag, I highly recommend them.  Warning: Fleabag is a bit naughty but oh so funny.






Do you know the difference between memory and memorability?  This article is very interesting, explaining why we remember what we remember.






Here's a list of the best fitness apps.
This one is more my speed.








Here is a funny story about one gentleman who swings into the new year.


Until next time...





Chowdah























Longchamp













Extra 40% off Sale Price!



Lots of colors.
50% Off!










































Air purifier














Linking up with:

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

14 comments:

  1. I just started the Gilded Age and really enjoy it so far! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lucky for me, my tech team, otherwise known as The Mister, was able to save the day when he got home from work." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! My Mister is in a state of panic. The restaurant were we had our first date closed its doors several years ago. I assured him that as a handsome, intelligent, resourceful man he will figure it out. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have various restaurant menus from our travels framed and lining the walls to our rear entry/mud room. Sometimes you can find them online and print yourself. Great memories!! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read as usual. I enjoyed the Dallas story about New Years golf game! Also, am I the only one who intends to comment but then ends up lost in your links?? On the lookout for Dolly cake mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun, Katie! Thanks for all the great recommendations! That mansion in Georgia looks more like a chateau to me! 13,000 square feet! Wow. And all of that for only $18,000,000 plus a bit! teehee Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My youngest son and I are studying memory right now in his psychology class. I want that Maine cottage. I have toured those Newport mansions and recognized them right away. Can't wait to check out that show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful Friday post, as always. Love all the houses and that last one is breathtaking.
    I hope you and The Mister have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THE DALLAS SHOUT OUT! Thank you! Just sent to baby Evan via email. Not sure he knows how to access his email! ;0)

    Thank you! xo xo laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your husband is so romantic! I love the idea of a framed menu form your first date. Love the house tour, the first one is one of my favorites. I am odd to check out the other links and articles. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the house tours, always. Caroline Willis' chairs around her round table are the same as my estate sale Danish dining set. :) We have Gilded Age on dvr, ready to watch after another friend recommended it. Wouldn't want to be in New England this weekend! Stay cozy, thanks for the FF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always enjoy your Friday fun with interesting articles. Great house tours today too. The mister sounds like a very romantic guy. Have a great Saturday..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few months ago, I felt so depressed, I got frustrated with bad credits, but then I contacted HACK VANISH by phone: +1 (747) 293-8514 and email: HACK VANISH (@) GMAIL. COM. I found out about hack vanish services through positive reviews read on some credit blogs, in a blink of an eye this great hacker restored my credit score from 509 to 784 in all 3 major credit bureaus, they got removed evictions and foreclosures, my LexisNexis and Chex system was repaired respectively, a few days later I received an email confirming the approval of my mortgage loan, it was quite surprising because I never thought it was possible. Today, I can confidently say that 2021 was a banner year for my husband and I as we now own a new house and a new SUV courtesy of HACK VANISH, I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a genuine Hacker.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts