Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, January 14, 2022

Adios San Miguel

 


Hello, dear friends.  My last post chronicles our fabulous visit to San Miguel de Allende.  You can find Part 1 here and Part 2 here.

There are a few things that I want to mention.  First of all, our entire travel experience was seamless.  As I noted, traveling on Christmas Eve day paid off for us.



My main goal was for us to come home with wonderful memories and pretty pottery.  The last thing I wanted us to bring home was  Covid.  We were diligent about masks and hand washing.

   

All the shopkeepers and waitstaff wore masks.  The majority of townspeople wore masks outside.  We traveled first class because we didn't want to deal with a middle seat situation. Don't tell the Mister, but I'm never going back to Coach.

 

Almost all of the restaurants had outdoor seating, of which we took full advantage.




 This is the first time that we have used the airport valet.  We knew the parking lots would be full, and we didn't want to take any chances.  We dropped off the car at our terminal valet and picked it up outside our gate.  It was a few more bucks a day but worth every penny.  We will definitely do it again.




The morning before our departure day we met the New Yorkers for breakfast.  We then walked to the parking lot next door for our Covid test in order to reenter the US.  We all felt healthy, but we were still worried about one of us getting a false positive.  Two hours later, we got a text, and we all passed.  


I was so excited - that's the first test of any kind that I passed on the first try!





 We then caught up on our shopping and sightseeing.




We made a new friend.



Gorgeous tablecloths!



We made another friend.
She looks just like my beloved Chili.





My daughter and SIL started collecting silver hearts from SM on their honeymoon.  They picked up a few on this trip, as well.














We had a wonderful lunch at Atriowhere the food was as spectacular as the view.







After the scrumptious fabulous lunch, we burned off our calories on a chaise at the pool and caught up on our reading.




Our last dinner was spent at The Restaurant.  Thank goodness, the food was a lot more creative than the name on the front door.









Great food, great ambiance, and great company!



Our travel guide extraordinaire. 





My almost 30-year-old making her wish.
I have a feeling that we may have made
 the same wish.




Here's to our #2, 2022, and hopefully... 
that #1's wish comes true!




San Miguel's answer to The Mod Squad.


Until next time...











Half-price daily deal!



Half-price!



M&G

Up to 70% off at Mark & Graham!
















































I picked up a couple of these.








20% off clearance!



Extra 20% off clearance!








Linking up with:
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

12 comments:

  1. That Pup did look like Chili! I am over the moon you had such a lovely time! And that you didn’t get sick! We still can’t pull the trigger on traveling by commercial airplane during Covid but you make me feel better about it! And sidenote, I told Mr. Nine a long time ago I’ve never going back to Coach and this to a guy who always travels in a private plane for business so he should understand, right?. One of these days. Your travels looked magnificent and I’m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous vacation! I think I would be in "shopping heaven" there!! And I love the pic of the donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would SO like to shop here! It really does look like a wonderful holiday and I'm so glad you had the chance to get away and all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, I wonder what her wish was??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do keep us posted about those wishes!! Loved the photos! The food looks fabulous and so do all of you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, wonderful trip. You were so lucky to stay healthy and have so much fun to boot. Your meals look great and you all look really happy.
    That pup reminds me of your sweet Chili! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That adorable dog did look like Chili. SO glad you had such a wonderful trip and I will keep my fingers crossed for #1's wish. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had a fabulous no problem trip Katie! When we went, most of us came home with Montezuma's revenge even though we all tried to be extra careful about not drinking the water!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNOW THE WISH.........I WILL NOT JINX IT BY SAYING SO!
    THAT WOULD BE THE BEST NEWS!
    WHAT A GRAND TRIP..............MAGNIFICENT!
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND THAT DONKEY!
    DO YOU RECALL WORTHLESS ON GUNSMOKE?!!
    I HAVE WANTED A DONKEY SINCE THEN...........THAT was the 1960;s.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, thank you for sharing your vacation with us. Everything looked beautiful and so colorful. Good idea to valet your car. My daughter is the queen of Lyft. I think she drives to and from work only. We work hard and deserve the “extra” now and then. The pup did look like your beloved Chili. BTW. Is Millie still crushing on Chowdah? Xx.
    Maxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few months ago, I felt so depressed, I got frustrated with bad credits, but then I contacted HACK VANISH by phone: +1 (747) 293-8514 and email: HACK VANISH (@) GMAIL. COM. I found out about hack vanish services through positive reviews read on some credit blogs, in a blink of an eye this great hacker restored my credit score from 509 to 784 in all 3 major credit bureaus, they got removed evictions and foreclosures, my LexisNexis and Chex system was repaired respectively, a few days later I received an email confirming the approval of my mortgage loan, it was quite surprising because I never thought it was possible. Today, I can confidently say that 2021 was a banner year for my husband and I as we now own a new house and a new SUV courtesy of HACK VANISH, I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a genuine Hacker.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts