Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

My Favorite Things/Amazon Style




Hello, dear friends.  I hope that your week is going well.  Last night, I met a few delightful buddies of mine for dinner.  It's amazing how time flies when you're having fun.

Do you know what today is?  It's the final day of political ads hijacking our televisions.  Hallelujah!


I never thought I'd say this, but I actually missed these two!

Today I am linking up with my friend Tanya from The Other Side of the Road for Prime Purchases.  It's been a long time since I have talked about my favorite things.  In fact, it has been so long that I had to go back to check out my Amazon order log because I couldn't remember what I bought.  As Bette so elegantly stated: growing old ain't for sissies.

So here are some of my favorite things that I ordered from Amazon in the last six months.  If you would like to read past favorite things posts, you can find them here and here.




Amazon

A splash of this jewelry cleaner and a toothbrush work wonders sparkling up my jewelry.

Feel free to use your hubby's toothbrush, he'll never know.



Amazon

I ordered a few more candle warmers for the sunroom and den.
Amazon

We have an artificial Christmas tree, so I always have a few of these candles warming scattered around the house.  It may not fool anybody but they sure do smell good!


True confession:  I have two very small external auditory meatuses.  In other words, my ear holes are little, and I have a devil of a time finding earphones that are comfortable for me.  The Mister ordered this set for me with a whole new technology.  They rest right outside the ears on the cheekbones.  I didn't really think they would work, but I love them.

In my next life, I'm going to ask for long legs instead of petite ear holes. 




Amazon

I ordered this cute little wristlet on GMA's Steals and Deals.  The leather feels like buttah, and it has plenty of room for necessities. But the best part about this cute bag is that it comes equipped with a built-in phone charger.  

Shhh... I may have ordered a couple for my girls as stocking stuffers.  Their phones are always running out of juice. Or at least that's what they tell me.






If you own a dog that likes to dig, this little device is a life saver.








Cruise ships do not allow irons.  This is a major dilemma when 80% of your clothes are linen.  I purchased this clothes steamer for our last trip, and it worked like a charm.





This new foundation got a lot of buzz online so naturally, I had to give it a whirl.   It goes on like silk, stays put, and has enough coverage to mask rosacea and large pores.  Not that I would know anything about that.  





I have been using the No. 7 Day Cream and the Night Cream for a while now.  They absorb quickly with no annoying smell.  
And I look 10 years younger.

Have you ever played the game Two Truths and a Lie






 The Mister ordered these tart shells for the holidays. 
He uses them a lot for hors-d'oeuvres. 





I recently got a new iPad and my old case didn't fit the new one.  I ordered one with a light up keyboard which I like a lot.   




A few months ago my Kindle was on the fritz so I ordered an Oasis. I am very pleased with the long lasting battery and smaller, lighter size.  This was the cover that I chose.




Remember when I spilled my Smoothie on my computer?  I get sweaty palms just thinking about it.  Thank the Lord, the laptop survived.  When I recounted my sad tale to my Sista, she told me that she uses this Keyboard Protector. It's a great fit for my keyboard and gives me peace of mind. 



Amazon

I just ordered another pair of these New Balance shoe inserts that help make my walks a lot more bearable. 
Amazon

While we are talking about Amazon products, I wanted to mention that I am no longer jealous of the Mister's attention to Alexa.  She helps me out a lot too.  Every morning I ask her what time it is and the temperature expected for the day.

Now if she threw in a random compliment my way, she would be perfect.




I gave this book to a dear friend who loves books and entertaining, and she texted me that she loves it.






My hairdresser enjoys telling me about products that she likes for my blog.  Stacey loves this Dyson hairdryer so much that she takes it home with her so she can use it herself.  It's pricey.  I do not own one because I think the Mister would probably divorce me for paying that much for a hair dryer.  But Stacey says that its worth it.

Now it's your turn.
What are your favorite things?


Until next time...





culture map



Linking us with:
Best of the Weekend 
Pink Saturday
Saturday Sharefest
Bloggers Pit Stop
Saturday Shuffle
Inspire Me Monday
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

26 comments:

  1. I appreciate the foundations recommendation Kaite. I too struggle with Roseacia. Being very Anglo Saxon it is a curse I must bear but I always try to cover it up. I will check out those New Balance inserts as well. I alway appreciate a good product review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I want to take the plunge and get that dyson hair dryer. It would sure cut down on my drying time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love my dyson dryer! It is well worth the money! My hubby gave it to me for Xmas last year and I truly think it was a great expensive gift that I enjoy and love!

      Delete
  3. I need some magic in the foundation department so will be giving your suggestion a try. I am off school today because voting takes place at my school, unfortunately my graduate class meets tonight, but trust me some retail therapy is on the schedule today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ordering some of those tart shells!

    My favorite things -- well, I have four boxes of Carr's lemon ginger cookies in my Amazon cart right now. And I might even get eight and freeze them! Used to stock here and now I can't find them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started using essential oils about a year ago, and I finally got serious about it about four months ago. If Young Living closed up shop, I would buy them out of their Super B vitamins. I just found their Deep Relief Roll-on alleviates my headaches (as in GONE) when nothing else would. No.7 foundation is wonderful, and I can get it at Walgreens. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, and my Young Living USB Diffuser round out my current list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Lori thanks for the suggestions. I am definitely looking into the Deep Relief Roll-on because I am a migraine sufferer. I'm also looking into the vitamins. Thanks for all the tips. Hope all is going well with you.

      Delete
    2. I love my YL Deep Relief Roll-on! I Have only been using essential oils for about a year! My cute neighbor in her early 30's gave me a few samples and I thought it was like snake oil!!! I was so wrong!

      Delete
  6. I was just looking at reviews for that hair dryer.
    OHHH - I love that little wristlet!!!! How cool it is a charger too - that really is a good stocking stuffer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little wristlet with a charger. It will be the perfect stocking stuffer. And now I need to check out the GMA Deals too. I also "suffer" from small ear openings - ear buds never work for me. Those headphones look perfect. I recently got a No7 BB cream that is really good - I'll have to try the foundation too. I'm already planning to get some No7 Holiday gift sets after Christmas! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard a lot of good reviews of the 7 makeup and skincare. I checked out that hair dryer a few months ago and just could not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think some of your favorite things might become my favorite things! I always enjoy these posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After this post I might have new favorite things! I use a hairdryer about half the price of the Dyson, and my husband bought it for me as a gift! Of course I had to explain the huge value of it via my hairdresser daughter. I have had it for a long time, so sometimes it is worth it to spend more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, that hairdryer looks awesome! So much good purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, this visit to your blog is going to be expensive! Still, I love these posts. Thanks for doing some shopping for me.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You say the sensor to keep dogs from digging works? If so, my brother has a dog that is literally digging under a fence to escape, so I will refer that to him! The inserts have me intrigued as well. My shoes put on a LOT of miles. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did we do before Amazon??? I just ordered some art supplies...it's fun to see all your choices!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a shampoo that I really like. It is called gluttony and I purchase it on line. If you have thin, fine hair, it's for you. It gives my hair additional body which I can always use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed this post Katie. Checking out that steamer for sure. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. The keyboard cover is genius! My college son spilled an entire cup of coffee on his laptop last week! We were in a panic about having to get him a new one, but miraculously it is still working. Ordering in this for him. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love your 'favorites". My favorite is Bite brand agave lip balm-best $18 I spend at Sephora.
    Another favorite at the moment is Chanel brand soleil tan-sheer illuminating fluid. It is a bit more pricey at Nordstrom-maybe $60 range, but I put it around my forehead and on my cheekbones and absolutely love it. I wish I had known about both of these items sooner. Thanks again for your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all you favorites! You always have such great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love when you do your favorites list! I want to put all of them on my wish list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many fun finds! I tend to use Amazon for ordering our school books, extra batteries and filter cartridges, and all those other boring household items...

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I ordered a similar wristlet for all my friends last Christmas! They love it too :) A foundation that covers rosacea and large pores?! Sign me up! I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts