Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Gift Guide for the Millennial



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that your week is going well.  I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping.  Now it's time for me to start buying some gifts for the rest of the family.

I think that you can figure out what this blog post covers. This year, I wanted to come up with a gift guide that centers around the almighty Millennial.  Considering it has been a while since I was in that age group, I decided to consult an expert.  After gentle coaxing, my #1 stepped up to the plate and agreed to put a list together.  

    


When in doubt, the below are always appreciated: 


beyond words

Moolah is always a nice touch!



Self-Care Gift Cards









Stocking Stuffers: 






The best for makeup application - so smooth!





Buy a bunch of sheet masks and split them among stockings!



Packing Cubes
Great for travelers!








Feels super luxurious and has great hair & skin benefits - it allows skin and hair to glide across the surface—protecting and hydrating skin, reducing split ends, and ensuring a longer-lasting blowout.








These. Are. Life. Changing!






The hot new thing in skincare - face rollers reduce facial puffiness, promote drainage from the face, and relieve facial and jaw tension. If you use this with your serum of facial oil, it also allows for better absorption.




Personalized Stationery




Always a thoughtful gift (that no one wants to buy themselves!) I love the stationery options from Papier or you could design a special, personalized set on May Designs.



Perfume


Everyone loves perfume and never wants to buy it themselves! Jo Malone’s new Honeysuckle scent is beautiful and always comes in gorgeous packaging.





I got this for Jonathon a few years ago and it was a hit!
He loves getting this every Christmas.










A great candle is always appreciated! This candle was burning in a restaurant at my engagement dinner and myself + everyone at the dinner all immediately purchased these at Amazon from the candle. It smells AMAZING!



Girl, Wash Your Face


My sister is reading this now and LOVES it!! It has been on the New York Times list for a while and is apparently super funny and inspirational. I am stealing this over Christmas break from her



Pricier Gifts:





Jonathon (and all of my coworkers) are OBSESSED with these!! A great "athleisure" shoe that comes in cool materials like wool.








I have read about this on a couple of different blogs now and people are saying the most amazing things about this $100 jacket!! They say it is AS WARM as a Canadian Goose Down Jacket and looks really nice in person!



I wear mine every day!







Super cozy fleece that will actually look cute/polished with jeans!










This is on Jonathon’s Christmas List! These Air Pod Case covers are also great for protecting them and you can hang them on your keys (to avoid losing them!)






This is on my personal Christmas list - my Mom turned me on to Skinceuticals and it is TRULY amazing. Multiple bloggers that I follow STOPPED doing Botox because of this serum, which lightens lines, firms skin and brightens your complexion.  I also heard that it is best to buy SkinCeuticals on a site called Derm Store (vs. Skinceuticals.com) because they always have discounts.









I got this bag a few years ago and use it ALL the time!! It is super durable, good-looking, and great for weekend trips and/or a gym bag.





I LOVE MINE SO MUCH ALREADY!!
Such good looking luggage and fits so much! Plus built-in lock, ejectable battery, and personalizable!  






Fossil’s smartwatches are PACKED with the latest in technology!! Great looking, track your Heart rate, Google Pay, Google assistant, and so much more!



The reviews are amazing for this brand new hair dryer from Dyson - it drys hair REALLY fast!


*****


Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions, #1.

There just may be an extra something in your stocking this year.


Until next time...




AKC.org







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. Great! I needed a few ideas for that group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear my Uggs everyday too. Been known to work out in them, lol. Love this list and I got some more ideas for the kids!! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really neat things here...is it PC to say "neat" in this century?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just catching up on your gift suggestions for the guys and the millennial. I have been on the hunt for some eat buds for Marvin as he has a hard time finding some that are comfortable. As for our kids...we just give them cash to buy what they want. I know it is lame but I do get them a few fun things as well. Thanks for the great suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Katie. A friend of mine that travels bought some of the packing cubes and loves them. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tips look great! Hmmm -- think there are a few that would be perfect for me! Thanks for sharing #1!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I showed this to my M and I thought her head would fall off she was nodding so much. "Yup, yup, yup, oh yes, that too, yup, yup, yup ..." Also, Sis, that pup wrapped in Christmas lights? It's our dear Oscar. He pranced about with either them or whatever shrub he could yank out of the yard. We do miss him. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your gift recommendations, Katie! Some great ideas here for my own daughter; thanks to your #1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas Katie, my daughter has those Apple ear pods and loves them, I might get some for myself! 🎅🏻
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. I have young adults to buy for and am always baffled...my sons and their lovely wives buy almost everything they want/need. There are some new (to me) ideas in this list. Thank your #1 for me!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting list, I'm going to have to check some of them out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord knows I'm decades past being a millennial, but I own and enjoy six of these recommended items. They are as good as professed! What a great gift-giving list - thank you #1.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas, thanks #1! I see several I want for myself, heck with the millenials, shennenials. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. One for them....one or two or three for me!!!
    Thanks so much for this! I have 3 daughter in laws,which means I’ve only had sons, and I never know what to get them. Already ordered 3 of each of 5 different suggestions!!whew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOYS?
    NO GIRLS HERE!!!!!!!!!!XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got distracted by the Skinceuticals and went straight to the discount web-site (shhh ... don’t tell my Derm). I, too, am a fan of the C E Ferulic, but being a Baby Boomer Botox is still required. :-(

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts