Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, June 19, 2015

A Dinner Party & A Home Tour

Hello dear friends.  My new bff, Anne, and I enjoyed a wonderful day in Osterville on Wednesday at the Show House.  The only disappointing element was the fact that they did not allow cameras.  The Mister told me that he is sick and tired of getting calls from me for bail money, so I had no choice but to comply by the rules.  I did take lots of pics of the beautiful town of Osterville and got some great shots of my favorite shop on the Cape.

On Saturday night, the Mister and I were invited to my new bff and her Mister's home for a dinner party.  It was the first time that we have been to their lovely home.  

The home is chock-full of New England charm and grace, just like its owners.  Gorgeous color, lovely antiques, and boundless books turn this darling house into a warm, inviting home.







Love this bright kitchen!  The blue accents add the perfect touch.



Sweet, cozy corner to watch the chef extraordinaire, Anne, work her magic!  I wanted to steal that cute pillow.




Upon arrival, we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers in this darling screened porch. Adore the wicker and white. 











The guest list included Marilyn, one of Anne's nearest and dearest, Coco and her Mister who have been friends with the hosts for years, and Mickey and her Mister who just moved back permanently from The Woodlands, TX, our old stomping grounds.  We had the pleasure of meeting them a few times when we lived there and look forward to seeing a lot more of them here.  




The table was set to perfection!









Such an engaging and warm living room.





The family photos beautifully displayed.







The use of color really accentuates the fabulous features of  this house.









Anne and her Mister are voracious readers.  She's my go-to girl when I need a suggestion for a good book.  She has always been spot on.


Such elegant touches.  Makes me want to get out the silver polish and all my tarnished silver that is hiding in my cabinets.   





Anne is the owner of countless cookbooks, which isn't surprising after feasting on her delicious dinner.  She served mouthwatering chicken, a warm potato salad that is from a Patricia Wells cookbook, which was to-die-for.  A scrumptious lemon pie topped off the heavenly meal.  It was a perfect menu for a Spring evening.




Beautiful back yard.



It was an evening filled with great taste and scintillating conversation. I am so blessed to meet and spend time with such wonderful people in my new home state.

TGIF!


Until next time...




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

23 comments:

  1. What a charming home! I've always loved the look of a fireplace flanked by bookcases. What a fun time you've had with the home tour and dinner!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the book shelves. I love living rooms that look comfortable and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home - looks very charming and cozy! Sounds like a wonderful dinner party with new friends. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet & inviting home! I LOVE the green walls in the family room....what a gorgeous color! So nice that you have made so many wonderful new friends. Happy Father's Day to the mister. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW... LOVE the new window boxes & shutters. The exterior of your home is stunning! xoxo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors and old charm! Love it! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a warm and inviting home! And so nice that you shared the photos with us! I was stuck on that screened porch for quite a while, loving the color (that white and blue again) and how comfy everything looks. So glad you had a good time. Now go polish that silver service! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds exactly like my kind of evening! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great evening...I love seeing the open windows and a fabulous porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun evening....and love her porch! I would have stayed out there all night long:) I have had the warm potato salad from Patricia Wells book and it is divine! Sounds like a great evening with friends.....enjoy your weekend and Happy Fathers Day to the Mister:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. R's first comment-hire Katie to photograph your listings!. You made everything look so lovely. We had so much fun that night and will do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet little porch! Looks like a fun evening. Patricia Wells book is a good one and that warm potato salad WILL be delicious! Have fun this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and colorful home, Katie, and we love the zebra stripe pillows on the porch! It's great to make new friends, isn't it? We hope your summer is off to a great start and that we'll see you in the coming months.
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely home. Sounds like an enjoyable evening; hope it's one of many with your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a warm and inviting home, no wonder you had such a good time. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am getting JEALOUS of this NEW BEST FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this home -- I can certainly see why you girls hit it off. Style galore!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely home! And I'm slightly obsessed with porches these days since we're including one in our new home. And a covered deck. And a patio. I'm apparently all about the outdoor spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your friend does have a lovely home, Katie! The way it's filled with splashes of bright colors made it look so cozy. Plus, the rug in her living room area looks lovely, and it goes great with the coral sofa and mint green walls. Her home has a lot of character, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Thanks and all the best!

    Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post with us!! I am sure you all enjoyed this party. Well dear, I and my friends also want to organize some private parties Los Angeles and looking for some nice venue. Do you have any idea about party venues?

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts