Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Good bye Today... Hello GMA!

Dear Today Show,

As you can imagine, this is a very difficult letter to write.  I've woken up to you every morning for all of my adult life.  We've had breakfast together, you were there when I gave birth to my two girls, you were the first to break the good news and the bad news of the day to me.  So as hard as this is to say... I am breaking up with you. 

The reason, you ask?


 
I am not happy with the way you "released" Ann of her anchor duties.  There were weeks of rumors that NBC was bringing in a newer, younger model for Matt to cozy up to.  During this very difficult time, Ann handled herself as she always does - with grace and a smile. 

Ann has been with the Today Show  "family" for a very long time -something like 20 years.  After the big send-off that you gave Meredith and Katie you did nothing for poor sweet Ann.  You allowed her to make that beautiful good bye speech while trying to compose herself.   Good old Matt tried to give her an awkward kiss (yuck!).  The only ones who truly felt like they were really going to miss her were Al and Natalie.

Which brings me to my next point... 



Savannah over Natalie?  REALLY???



And as if that weren't bad enough, you chose to keep the two bumbling jennas


OVER




Adorable Amy

 The good news for Amy is she is anchoring the #1  morning show while Robin is out and could quite possibly be her successor when the time comes.  The bad news for you, dear Today Show, is you are still #2.

 


So, as hard as it is to say good bye, dear Today Show, it's over. I'll be waking up and making new memories with my new family at ABC.  








Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

J. Crew

Recent Posts