Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#1's Nightmare

I was all set to post a blog about #1's move into her house but I decided to do this one instead. 

It was only a week ago when our #1 moved into her adorable house with her two roommates.  She had to arrive early because she had to help her sorority prepare for Rush.  Usually, I hear from her every day but a few days had passed and I hadn't heard from her -- I wasn't alarmed though because I knew how time consuming Rush can be.  We'd been getting sporadic texts telling us how tough her week was and how being a sorority girl is not easy.

So this AM the Mister and I received this e-mail from #1.  I write this verbatim.


#1 Sorority Girl
Good day

Sorry I haven't contacted very often.  They take away our phones most of the day.

Started recruitment yesterday and it's actually really fun.  Tell you deets (details) soon but having a good time.

Had a terrible dream that you two were getting divorced and I was so mad I keyed your cars.

xxoo
#1

my response:

Dear #1,

So glad you are having such a good time!  So strange that you had a nightmare about Dad and me last night because I actually had a dream about you.  I had a dream that you finished your degree in four years!

So I'll make you a deal, I promise that your nightmare doesn't happen if you can make my dream come true!

xxoo,
Mom
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

J. Crew

Recent Posts