Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, September 29, 2023

The Friday Files

 




I hope that you had a good week. We checked a few things off our list.  We got our 13th Covid Booster, or maybe it just felt that way.  We also got our flu shot - a higher dose this time.  I don't know why; I'm just assuming that they give the eye candy a little extra because we bring beauty to the world. 

I got in a few games of pickleball this week.  I think my fellow picklers are on to me.  When I make my customary bad calls, they shake their heads and roll their eyes in unison.  

It's not a good look, girls.





Last night, it was all about crostinis in Emptynesterville.  We had an old friend over for a happy hour, and the Mister outdid himself.




I've been listening to this fabulous book. There are so many interesting stories and tidbits that even a seasoned Kennedyphile such as myself did not know.








To see more of this magnificent French Provincial-style home that was built in 1926, click here.








Take a tour of this Buckhead beauty and meet the dream team that worked their magic right here.








Take a look at this Colonial Revival here.








Take a tour of this charming groom's cottage in the Cotswolds.







Who can turn the world on with a smile?   

It's for sale in Greenwich, CT.







Have you ever wondered how some inventions came about? 
If not, move on to the next fascinating article.
If you are curious, click here.





Does anyone care about these people?
Me neither.

Next...






As many of you know, I am a bit of a nervous flyer.  I'm the only one on the flight who actually listens to the safety announcement. So when I am on a flight that is delayed taking off, and the pilot tells us not to worry - he/she can make up the time, I worry that the pilot is going to turn into a speed demon.  This is actually how it is done.




Are you traveling in the near future?  
You may want to rethink your plans.





Are you traveling overseas? 
You might want to download these resourceful apps.







Do you have a can of WD-40 hanging out somewhere in your garage?  If not, you may want to buy some.





Are you thinking of putting your house on the market?  Here is the one thing that you may appreciate but prospective house buyers won't.




Are you retiring soon?  
Will you stay put or move?
If you answered the latter, click here.

If you are looking to expand your Fall decor, click here.






 
H&M

Attitude not included.
































Lovin' this houndstooth!




































Extra 30% off clearance price with code.







Apple Watch


















Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Crostiniville! And share a happy hour. Happy Friday from the gloomy South Shore. xoxo Annie G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pink floral bedroom. Reminds me of Laura Ashley designs from the 1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the cute baby girl clothes and no doubt your granddaughter will be the best dressed!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    💗Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Everything in this week's blog is gorgeous. Fabulous sweaters too. Why are those models so sulky? Those baby girl outfits are precious; lucky baby, lucky you. 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mister’s crostinis look delicious! You always choose beautiful homes to spotlight! Happy Weekend, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That food looks amazing! Happy hour sounds like a lot of fun.
    Those houses are stunning. I think I would like the one in Greenwich.
    Ugh! My girls are obsessed with Taylor Swift, I couldn't care less. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday Files is my favorite! Your house tours leave me drooling. As do those crostini's made by the Mister. I've got a blissfully free morning on the Oregon coast and I'll be perusing every link here ... the best way to start the day. xo

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts